It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:44 am

Forum rules

Before posting please read the Forum Rules and the Frequently Asked Questions.

Please also remember to use the Search, before posting any questions!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Contests? 
Rancher

Post Contests?
Just wondering if there will ever be another contest. There hasn't been one for 9 months and who runs them?

Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:20 pm
Profile WWW
Farmer

Post Re: Contests?
The contests are being held by the admins, and Elizabeth has been the one in charge of the last rounds.
There are usually about 3-5, and some are closer in time than others.
I do not know the details as to how they are organized, but what I do know, is that hosting them takes a great deal of time & effort. In other words; They can only be arranged when the ones hosting them have the time.. :wink:

Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:46 am
Profile WWW
Administrator

I might be a little late, but contests are closed down for the foreseeable future - despite anyone's availability to run them. Cheating has become too large of a problem for us to handle with the tools we have, and contests we have will have skewed results. In place of regular contests where cheating reigns supreme, we have decided to postpone any future events for the time being. It's very unfortunate, but we're left with no options. :(

Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:34 pm
Farmer

That is such a shame!.. I do not get what drives people to cheat in these contests, as they are just for fun.. :(

Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:38 pm
Profile WWW

I was really happy to see this question had been asked as I just rejoined CB and was really looking forward to re-experiencing all aspects of the game, contests included, and I'm very sad that its possible there won't be any more :(

Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:59 pm
Rancher

I know I never got to experience them as I started about 6 months ago

Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:44 am
Profile WWW
Farmer

Luckily, we`ve got members with web-sites dedicated to C.B where it`s being held contests. I recommend checking the contests-board, and drop by the sites that`s linked there. Even though they don`t have anything advertised at this point, doesn`t necessarily mean there aint any, as it may just be that they haven`t gotten around to it.. Non the less, are you supporting the owner by visiting.. :)

Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:32 pm
Profile WWW

I was wondering this same question about contests! I stopped playing 10 months ago, right before things started going downhill. Contests and news have not been updated, which I find greatly upsetting because I loved contests. I had no idea people where cheating on them! I miss how creaturebreeder use to be and I hope it eventually gets better. :(

Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:16 pm
Farmer

Hopefully, the day will come where it`s doable to arrange contests without having to hassle with a bunch of cheaters again.
It`s annoying beyond words to see how some people manage to ruin for others, but at the same time, do I think it`s important that we wont let them win.. I think the best way to handle the situation, is to continue playing/enjoying the game, and participate in the cotests that are being held on members web-sites.
First & foremost, does these people deserve all our support, as they`re putting tons of effort into these events. Secondly, is it something about creating ones own fun, so to speak. -The more participants in these contests, the better/funnier it gets!..
- And why not arrange a contest or two yourself?.. ;)

Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:08 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]