It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:01 am

Forum rules

Before posting please read the Forum Rules and the Frequently Asked Questions.

Please also remember to use the Search, before posting any questions!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Problem with people copiying design 

Problem with people copiying design
Okay so some of yous may know I have an account called HocusPocus and I have a design that I have. I was talking to a farmer and when I got on today to reply to them I notice there farm looked very familiar.

This is my farm:

This is hers:

Very familiar right? I have confronted her but I need to ask what other steps I should take. How would I report this? And is there any way I can prevent some one from doing this disrespectful act?

"It's Kind Of Fun To Do The Impossible" - Walt Disney

Thu May 07, 2015 3:45 am
Farmer

Post Re: Problem with people copiying design
Sadly, there is no way to prevent this. I, along with many others, have suffered the same as you are right now. If you have already contacted her then that's really all that can be done other than asking people not to imitate your designs in your welcome message.

Try to let go of your anger and be flattered instead - imitation is the most sincere form of flattery!

(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ ¸¸.·¨¯`·.¸¸.·
Main Account: www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/2131805
Design Account: www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/887476
My Story: www.wattpad.com/story/18821163-fate-luck-and-destiny

Sat May 09, 2015 4:46 pm
Profile WWW

Well I guess I was lucky enough that she changed it so it is no longer a replica and now just slightly resembles. So im happy for that, I guess its just something to expect c:

"It's Kind Of Fun To Do The Impossible" - Walt Disney

Sun May 10, 2015 2:29 am
Rancher

Can't you just take it as an honour that other people like your design so much they want to copy it? Seriously no offence but there are so much bigger issues in the world then people copying designs.

Sun May 10, 2015 4:31 am
Profile WWW
Mini-Mod

nbro2 wrote:
Can't you just take it as an honour that other people like your design so much they want to copy it? Seriously no offence but there are so much bigger issues in the world then people copying designs.

Of course there's bigger issues--there's a bigger issue than just about every other issue in the world. But if you put the time and effort into thinking up and creating your own design, of course you'd want others not to copy it. Same deal with copying subbreeds that haven't been released. You made it for you to have an enjoy, not for others to replicate. It's not an honor to be copied & have someone try and take credit for your ideas.
Sadly the most you can do is what Bluezebra has said, glad to hear you're content with them changing it up a bit. :)

Sun May 10, 2015 1:15 pm
Profile WWW
Farmer

nbro2 wrote:

Although there are bigger issues in the world, think of it from a different perspective. At school when handed a written assignment, if you plagiarize/copy/steal another person's work, you are severely punished. In this case it's the same. When you work hard on a design it's discouraging when others just copy it.

(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ ¸¸.·¨¯`·.¸¸.·
Main Account: www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/2131805
Design Account: www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/887476
My Story: www.wattpad.com/story/18821163-fate-luck-and-destiny

Thu May 14, 2015 3:32 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]