It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:10 am

Forum rules

Before posting please read the Forum Rules and the Frequently Asked Questions.

Please also remember to use the Search, before posting any questions!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 *In Depth* Newbie Guide 
Super Rancher

Post *In Depth* Newbie Guide
Please! If you have anything you need to know now please bring it up by sending me a PM (Private Message) or leaving a comment here with your question or topic. I will probably get to writing it eventually without you bringing it up but it will take a long time. So if you have a question or comment then please leave it.

I would first like to say "Welcome!" to all the newbies. Creaturebreeder is fun and I hope this guide will help you with any questions you have. If all goes right you should have the beginning of a successful farm. If it doesn't please don't be afraid to ask questions here and I will try to add them to my guide.

Also there is a Commonly Asked Questions thread for commonly asked questions about the forums and creaturebreeder. So give a hand to falloutboyfan! If a question is answered there but you still don't understand it then that is ok. Don't be afraid to ask.

Commonly Asked Questions: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11998

Starting Your Farm:

Introduction: Here I will teach you what to do while waiting for your first egg to hatch. I will add so key tips that I highly recommend you follow to start off your farm right. I will also teach you how to add items to your farm.

If you have just started then you should have a farm with one egg and 100 Farm Bucks (FBs). The egg will take about thirty hours to hatch so you have a lot of time to get your farm ready for it.

Step One: It is time to go shopping! Click on the 'Store' button at the top of the screen.

You will need to go to 'Essentials'.

Step Two: You will need to buy a 'Food Barrel' or a 'Food Crate' so that you can feed your creature once it hatches.

Step Three: If you want to start making money right away then I suggest that you buy your self a total of ten 'Bonsai Trees' or 'Red Maple Trees'. You can have a combination of both but make sure that the total number at the end is ten. Not, ten 'Red Maple Trees' and ten 'Bonsai Trees' giving you a total of twenty. You could have five 'Red Maple Trees' and five 'Bonsai Trees' though.

Step Four: You will need to go to the 'Manage Farm' option located at the top of the screen

Now you will need to create nine more farms so that you can move the trees into each farm. Go to the the bottom of the page and in the 'Actions' click 'New Farm...'. Now you can name your new farms anything you like and keep in mind you can always change the name later.

Step Five: It is time to move your trees and food item into your farms. Just click name of the item and drag it to the farm you want it in. I would put the food item in the farm with your egg and then one tree should go in each farm. Don't buy more trees thinking you can put multiple money trees in your farm because you can't, sadly.

Step Six: Now it is time to have a little fun! You can go around your farms and move your items around wherever you want. Sure you don't have much to work with now but you will once your money trees start producing orbs.

You are now set! You are now ready for when your egg hatches. Right now there is not much to do but check out the out the 'Free' section in the forums and find yourself some free creatures to help start the beginning of your farm. Have fun!

Free Section: http://forum.creaturebreeder.com/viewforum.php?f=21

Another option is to make another account. Creaturebreeder has no limit to the accounts you can create. But don't just drain all your side accounts by taking the egg from it and all the money. Follow my steps above and you will get way more out of it.

Eggs, Eggs, and More Eggs:

Introduction: Here is where you can learn about the different species of creatures in creaturebreeder. It will also tell what eggs they come from.

Every account you start on creaturebreeder will always give you a fuzcub egg. If you want different eggs then you will have to buy them from the store. Even though it shows a picture of a fuzcub egg, it does gives other kinds.

I am sure you have noticed by now the different eggs around creaturebreeder. In all there are six different type of eggs. Those eggs will always be the same shape and color for each species of creature. Below is a picture of what eggs there are and what species they will become:

*Note: You might get different colors of creatures from the eggs.

From left to right the species are ScuttleBug, TurtleTot, Beakling, BrumbleBear, Fuzcub, and ChatterChimp.

Creature Inspector:

Introduction: Here is where I will teach you about the Creature Inspector. It is located on the left and side of the screen.

Creature Inspector includes the Name, Sex (Gender), Age, Life Stage (Egg, Adult, ect.), Health, Last Fed, and Price. It also have a 'Look Closer' button that you can press. It will send you to a whole page about that creature and while there you can change some of your creatures options.

Name: This is the name of your creature. You can change the name by clicking the 'Look Closer' button and using the options there.

Sex (Gender): This is the gender of your creature. They will not have a gender until they are hatched from their egg. If you want to know ahead of time then you will need to buy an 'Ultrasound Machine'.

Age: This is the age of your creature. This is expressed in months, days, and hours since the second the creature was laid as an egg.

Life Stage: Your creature has many different life stages. 0-1 days old it is 'In Egg', 1-4 days old it is an 'Adolescent', 5-19 days old it is an 'Adult', and 20 days and over is 'Old Age'. Never fear, creatures here don't die.

Health: The health of your creature determines if you can breed it or not. Heath is based on how much you breed your creature and how often you feed it. If you don't feed your creature then its health will go down and it might start to turn ill. When a creature is ill it starts to change color, it can turn blue or green depending on what creature is ill. If you breed your creature it will also lose health. Once you breed your creature loses 25% health and cannot breed again for about 25 hours.

If you forget to feed your creature for a few days and then feed it when you come back, its health will rapidly go up. But if it just bred then it will not gain health that quickly and it will take about a day or two to get it back up.

Last Fed: This is the last time your creature has been fed. It will be expressed in seconds, minutes, days, ect. Eggs will not have this since they do not need to be fed until they have hatched.

Price: You can put a price on your creatures if you are planning to sell them. You can change the price of the creature by clicking the 'Look Closer' button. If you have a price on a creature and then breed it then the egg will have the same price. You can always change the price though even if the egg is born with it.

Breeding:

Introduction: Before breeding your creatures you should know that you can only breed once about every 25 hours and your creature loses 25% health. You can breed them with other peoples creatures. Both users creatures will lose 25% health and both accounts will receive one egg. When the eggs hatch the creature inside might not be the same as the other accounts creature.

Getting Two Creatures to Breed: There are different ways to get creatures to breed. The first way is getting two creatures to breed inside you account. All you have to do is click on one creature, and then click its 'Look Closer' button. Once that is done look to the right underneath the creature until you see a gray box that says 'Breed..', it will be under 'Actions'

Click 'Breed..' and it will take you to a new section where you can choose which creature you want to breed with. Just go to the right and click the drop down arrow to choose which creature you want to breed with.

After you choose which creature you want to breed with you can look over its stats, or otherwise know as its 'Creature Inspector'. When you are done you can click the 'Breed' button in the center of the heart.

The second way of breeding is breeding with someone else's creature. Just go to their farms and find the creatures you want to breed with. Again click the 'Look Closer' button. Now this time instead of having a gray button that reads 'Breed..' it will say 'Propose Breeding..'.

Now you will choose a creature of yours to breed with the other persons. Again you will have to click the drop down arrow to pick from. After you pick the bear you like you will have to click the 'Make Proposal' button in the center of the heart.

Now instead of getting an instant egg you will have to wait for the other person to accept your proposal, or reject it.

Genetics: If you have been in school long enough, you might know a bit about genetics. For those that don't; it is a trait that is passed down from the parent to the offspring. The same goes for these creatures in Creaturebreeder.

For a simple example: If you have two white fuzcubs (albino) breed then the chances of getting an albino offspring are higher than if you had two normal fuzcubs breed. While the chances of receiving an albino offspring are lower, it is still possible.

It would be too much to go into great detail about genetics for a newbie guide, so if you want to know more you will have to look it up in the forums.

Receiving the Egg: After your creatures breed there will be a message in the 'System Messages'. It will say that "_____ has bred with _____. Check _____ for an egg!" Just click that link and it will take you straight to where your egg is. You can move the egg around the farm and you can also move it to another farm.

*I Will Add More When Needed*

♥Main Farm♥-Come play in my contest farm and win free eggs!
☺Free Farm☺-Sub-breeds and many other creatures for free!

Last edited by starbit on Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:01 pm, edited 20 times in total.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:47 pm
Super Rancher

Post Re: *In Depth* Newbie Guide
Sorry the pictures weren't working earlier but I fixed them now. Please leave any comments if you can't see the pictures.

Don't be afaid to ask questions here either and I will try and cover them in my guide.

Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:06 pm
Farmer

this is very nice... Good job!! When completed, maybe it's in need of a sticky... :whistle:

Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:16 pm
Farmer

There is also a egg and creature image on the sub breed list for user to see what comes out of the egg.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10242&start=0

Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:18 pm
Farmer

This is really good~

*stickied~*

Image~Image-Image-Image-Image+ Image+Image+Image+Image= Fuzzy started a trend~
Claimed by Fally~
RIP Bubby 7/??/08-12/2/09

Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:28 pm
Super Rancher

Thanks! :D I hope to add more later about the wild, subreeds, ect. and other questions newbies come up with. It is like an FAQ for newbies and I think for visual people (like me) it is really great because there are pictures.

Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:00 pm
Farmer

Ooohhh you should link your topic to the commonly asked questions. So you don't have to answer tons of questions. XD

Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Farmer

starbit wrote:
Thanks! :D I hope to add more later about the wild, subreeds, ect. and other questions newbies come up with. It is like an FAQ for newbies and I think for visual people (like me) it is really great because there are pictures.

You should add the health percent for breeding~
Your creature should stay healthy as long as they are bred when they have 95% health or more~

Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:51 am
Super Rancher

I wish I had this when I was starting out. :mrgreen:

» Proud to be Fuzzy's «

-is now claimed by fally-
ImageImageImage

Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:34 am
Profile WWW
Super Rancher

falloutboyfan wrote:
Ooohhh you should link your topic to the commonly asked questions. So you don't have to answer tons of questions. XD

I will add a link. But some I feel are better explained with pictures so I might go over some of the quetions asked there in here.
tullow wrote:
You should add the health percent for breeding~
Your creature should stay healthy as long as they are bred when they have 95% health or more~

Thats a good idea! I will do a section on the creature inspector.

~Sorry Fuzzyball. :(

Last edited by Fuzzyball on Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't double post.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:00 pm

Thank you. This was very helpful. :)

Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:15 pm

Yup is very helpfull, but can i ask something? When we register this game,after that we will get new egg, that egg we will get randomly or it will same egg that we all get?

I hope u will answer my question...... :D

Check this Amazing creature for sale or free...
http://creaturebreeder.com/farm/view?id=647980

Last edited by ctracy5 on Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Everyone gets a fuzzcub egg when you open a new account. Buying eggs from the store you'll get random eggs.

Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:32 am
Super Rancher

Hitsugaya wrote:
Yup is very helpfull, but can i ask something? When we register this game,after that we will get new egg, that egg we will get randomly or it will same egg that we all get?

I hope u will answer my question...... :D

Yes ctracy5 is right. Everyone will start out with a fuzcub egg. I will add it to the guide to cause less confusion.

Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:17 pm

Adding stuff about breeding and genetics would be nice. You know, to prevent questions like "how do I get an albino fuzzcub???"

Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:32 pm
Greenhorn

This is very helpful and well done. Kudos. n_n

ImageImage
Click my little dragon & help her grow? n_n
Fuzcub Sales: X
"Don't touch my tamagotchi. Yes, you heard me right."

Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:41 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next