It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:12 am

Forum rules

ImageBefore posting please read the Forum Rules and the Frequently Asked Questions.

Please also remember to use the Search, before posting any questions!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Updated Designs! 
Farmer

Post Updated Designs!
Hi everyone! I'm making a new post cause the one I had going for device is locked, and I'd forgotten to go back to it :ermm: :silly: (http://forum.creaturebreeder.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=147012).

I've actually been editing some other designs of mine, so please give advice/critiques/suggestions!

Design 1: This design is inspired by Kiraki's design, http://creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/1242991

Not sure if I should add anymore flora to fill it - tips please!

Design 2: Critiques please!

Design 3: Not sure if it looks complete or not. I filled in the corners but I'm not certain if I should spread the greens out a bit more. Tips please!

Design 4: Have i gone over board with the rares? Critique please!

(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ ¸¸.·¨¯`·.¸¸.·
Main Account: www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/2131805
Design Account: www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/887476
My Story: www.wattpad.com/story/18821163-fate-luck-and-destiny

Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:03 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Updated Designs!
Design 1: I think it's perfect already!

Design 2: I would put some button flowers and fungus somewhere to add more color.

Design 3: I wouldn't put red in it if your going to put pink in it. It just doesn't look that good if you do that. But otherwise, it looks good!

Design 4: Yeah I kind of think so. The veiled lady looks good. I wouldn't put any pearls in it. The cradled lantern and the vines look good where they are! ;)

MAIN ACCOUNT: http://www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/2167033

Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:23 pm
Administrator

I have to agree with Candifloss on Design 1. It looks amazing the way it is, and I really can't think of much else to add. The simplicity in a design is something I tend to forget, but I think you should always make sure to have that element in there somewhere. It can't all be full of flora! I like that you were able to tie the more flora-full edges into the picture while still keeping those circles of water and ground cover clear. The end result is fantastic!

The second design is wonderful too. I think something could be added, but I'm not so sure about exactly what. It looks like you've been careful to keep with the green/blue/white color scheme, and it really fits in with the entire island quality of the scene. If you're going to add anything, I'd suggest flora that fits in with what you already have. Maybe some blue fungi, added at the upper edge and around the rocks (though that depends on your picture of "beach"), or other little things like the Toadstool, Trilliums, Forget-Me-Nots, Gazania (just by literally going through the store and picking out things based on color). They'd help liven things up a little, but like I said above, not going overboard with the flora might be a good idea.

For the third one, have you thought above filling out the edges of the farm and connecting it all together? You could use something small like the greens and the button flowers/gazanias to make a little park scene that brings everything together. To me, it would make the empty spaces feel like they "belong". As a side note, the dark ground really is best when you're trying to make colors really POP, which comes with flora with strong colors, and blends of colors that accentuate that boldness. Green is a great based, considering it's a grass, but maybe you could add the red fungi, button flowers/gazanias or even the small red sea glass if you'd like. It could help it take advantage of the darker background. Really using the area you have covered with flora with lots of color can also help even out the emptier spaces. I can't really say much more on this one, mostly because it's so original on its own.

On the last design, I think that the Veiled Ladies look great as part of the crowd, but I'm on the fence about the other rares, besides the awesome centerpiece. Either way is fine to me, since I don't really think they detract from other parts of the design. Though I'm big on the simplicity of things, some designs are just going to be more full than others, but then the important thing is finding some way to make certain things the background and others the foreground. I really enjoy designs that center around one big thing, which I think yours is doing quite well here. If you like having your Rares on display in this design in particular, I wouldn't do much about it.

That's only what I personally think, so feel free to take any part of it if you'd like! :)

Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:09 pm
Farmer

1st: Nice design, only that I`m not too found of the pink along with the red.. I`d recommend filling all 3 circles with the same coral flowers as the upper left.

2nd: I really like this one. You may add some more items, but I`m not sure what it should be..

3rd: My favorite. This is straight out gorgeous, and I wouldn`t change a thing.

4th: I really like this one as well. The only thing I`d change, is that mini palm -thing (don`t remember its name) in the middle..

Overall: Congrats with job well done! :D

Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:55 pm
Profile WWW
Farmer

Hi !
I saw your Design 2 and I got inspired for a farm.
Hope that it is okay with you.
I will put on the farm's 'Welcome Message' that the farm design was inspired by you, okay ?

Hope you don't mind :\

Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:09 pm
Profile WWW
Farmer

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful feedback!

@Candi - I think I may experiment with fungus, I feel like it's look good!

@Mulberry - thank you as well! I think I'll take out most of the rares. Like you said, sometimes simplicity works better!

@Gry - thank you! With the first design, inspired by Kiraki, I did the tri-colors cause that's how she did hers. Tried to tie the three colors in with the flora surrounding it, but I may change it.

@Kiana - your design is gorgeous so far! You don't have to give me credit for it - they're not nearly similar enough for that xp keep me posted on that design!

Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:44 pm
Profile WWW
Farmer

Bluezebra wrote:
(...)@Kiana - your design is gorgeous so far! You don't have to give me credit for it - they're not nearly similar enough for that xp keep me posted on that design!

Thank you :) I'll still leave it, because if I hadn't seen your farm I wouldn't had made mine

Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:18 am
Profile WWW
Farmer

Okay! It looks great cx

Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:22 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]