It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:28 am

Forum rules

ImageBefore posting please read the Forum Rules and the Frequently Asked Questions.

Please also remember to use the Search, before posting any questions!

days of not being able to move item in farms 

Post days of not being able to move item in farms
I've been trying to over 2 days to move items to my farms in the farm page. You buy 2 berry trees, they are in your unused accessories, you attempt time after time to move them to one of your farms, nothing. You try to buy them and move them directly to that farm using the "Checkout" function...404 nothing. This happens often but it's finally irritated me to the point of asking or commenting about it. Why does these things not move to the farm you try to place them in from the unused accessories. Obviously its something to do with the game as it has happened before across various accounts and seems to go away eventually. but over 2 days now it's becoming a bit irritating.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:22 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Re: days of not being able to move item in farms
Problems can occur for a variety of reasons. Most likely, this is not the game's fault.

It there already a melon patch/berry tree in the farm? This can sometimes go overlooked.
Is it a specific farm, or are you having trouble with multiple farms?
Can you move other accessories in and out of farms? (Is the problem only with Berry Trees?)
Are you using Internet Explorer?
Have you done as the Read Before Making a Report Please thread suggests?

Any of these above questions could be factors. If your answer to any of the above questions is "Yes," then please provide further information.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:36 am

yes im using IE, never had a problem with it. yes you can move items already in the farms to another farm on the farm page, yes it seems to be just berry trees and melon patches, neither will go in a farm despite nothing else being in it, no theres not already an item or similar item in the farm. Yes ive tried on different account and everything moves fine. Just nothing in that account. no I haven't deconstructed nor decompiled my computer or operating system in effort to fix something like this but yes I deleted cookies and temp, as one would imagine if that was the problem it would occur everywhere on all accounts not just 1 here and there on occasion. ive moved the creatures to another farm and still nothing, ive made NEW farm and tried to move melon of berry into it..nothing. it will not allow you to even move them to the sell accessories drop and sell them, gives 500 internal server error. just plain wacky. However, you can log out and go to another account and buy and move berry and melons freely.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:37 am
Profile WWW
Administrator

The problem is most likely from using IE; it had never worked well on CB. Do you have another browser? Try doing this on another browser. If you still have a problem, then there may be something going on.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:36 pm
Farmer

The best browser, is Firefox.
Personally, do I consider Opera a good 2nd, Chrome 3rd & IE the least suitable :wink:

Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:24 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

My personal favorite is Opera. FireFox has always been slow on my computer, but I'm pretty sure it's my computer's fault :tongue:

Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:22 pm
Farmer

hadleyelizabeth wrote:
My personal favorite is Opera. FireFox has always been slow on my computer, but I'm pretty sure it's my computer's fault :tongue:

This is apparently because certain browsers are kind of colliding just by being installed on the same device. -Not as they`re stuffing it up or anything, -they`re just slowing each other down.. Sometimes one of them gets to "suffer" the most, and sometimes both. I don`t remember exactly who goes along with who, but I learned about it in conjunction to Firefox & Opera took turns as to being slow & close to normal.. :)

Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:08 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

Gry wrote:
hadleyelizabeth wrote:

This is apparently because certain browsers are kind of colliding just by being installed on the same device. -Not as they`re stuffing it up or anything, -they`re just slowing each other down.. Sometimes one of them gets to "suffer" the most, and sometimes both. I don`t remember exactly who goes along with who, but I learned about it in conjunction to Firefox & Opera took turns as to being slow & close to normal.. :)

Wow, that is very interesting! You learn something new every day!

Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:26 am