It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:32 pm

Forum rules

ImageBefore posting please read the Forum Rules and the Frequently Asked Questions.

Please also remember to use the Search, before posting any questions!

Off screen 
Farmer

Off screen
I was on my phone and decided to go on cb to check some comments. Long story short i accidentally moved my veiled lady off the screen and now i can't get it back. Heres a link to the farm

http://www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/2197655

Any help will do :)

Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:04 am
Administrator

Post Re: Off screen
Anything dragged offscreen will never return. I know people who've done it to twilight vines before. There's nothing you can do. :(

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:09 am
Farmer

Like Hadley`s saying, is it impossible to get the hold of it once it`s slipped off screen. -But there may still be hope..
It`s still listed among the items at the farm in question at your farm management page, right? If so, you can save it by moving it to the "Unused items" section. The only catch, is that you wont be able to put it back on the same farm without it places off screen again, but you can place it on any other farm. Even if it may place off screen in one of these farms as well, it will appear after X number of times reopening/refreshing the page. :)

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:30 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

What do you mean, Gry? I am confused. I've never had this work for me before. From what I know, items are "stuck" in a certain position from every time they're moved.

Occasionally they hide under "ground" items, but when the ground is removed, they reappear. But from going completely offscreen, I'm pretty sure that they can never return.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:41 pm
Farmer

The item that`s been lost should still be listed among the items at the "Manage farms" -page..

Ex. (so that you all will be able to follow): Here is how my 1st farm appear at the Farms management page

BEARWAY(1) settings...

Accessories Creatures
Blue Pond (2) B.LINEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Bonsai Tree B.LINEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Clear Sea Glass (12) B.LINEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Crystal (73)
Light Path Rock (353)
Melon Patch 75.8%
Quartz Rock (90)
Small Garden Stone (96)
Small Quartz Rock (129)
Snow Covered Pine (11)
Snow Covered Rock (142)
Snow Ground
Snowman (10)
Snowy Beach Stone (20)
Soccer Ball (5)
Ultrasound Machine
Vegetable Crate

So, let`s say my Vegetable Crate had slipped off screen, I would not be able to grab it, but it should still be listed among the items here. -From here, you can drag & drop it to the section named Unused Items at the bottom of the page (next to the section where you put the items you`re selling), for then to drag & drop it at another farm..

This did at least work for me when I lost a couple of my ponds once..

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:08 am
Profile WWW
Farmer

Gry wrote:
The item that`s been lost should still be listed among the items at the "Manage farms" -page..

Ex. (so that you all will be able to follow): Here is how my 1st farm appear at the Farms management page

BEARWAY(1) settings...

Accessories Creatures
Blue Pond (2) B.LINEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Bonsai Tree B.LINEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Clear Sea Glass (12) B.LINEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Crystal (73)
Light Path Rock (353)
Melon Patch 75.8%
Quartz Rock (90)
Small Garden Stone (96)
Small Quartz Rock (129)
Snow Covered Pine (11)
Snow Covered Rock (142)
Snow Ground
Snowman (10)
Snowy Beach Stone (20)
Soccer Ball (5)
Ultrasound Machine
Vegetable Crate

So, let`s say my Vegetable Crate had slipped off screen, I would not be able to grab it, but it should still be listed among the items here. -From here, you can drag & drop it to the section named Unused Items at the bottom of the page (next to the section where you put the items you`re selling), for then to drag & drop it at another farm..

This did at least work for me when I lost a couple of my ponds once..

I tried doing that with my items, to see if there was anything that would help, even sending objects to my second account, but the objects ever moved place, they always stay in the same place they were

Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:32 am
Profile WWW
Farmer

They do stay in the same place.
This is how we used to sell farm designs. We'd send over the designs by "offering accessories" but they'd already be put in the exact place the designer intended for them to be. This helps us when we want to make a design on one farm and add sections to another farm.

There has been a suggestion to add a "randomize" box to the manage farms page, but so far it has only been suggested.

MarioJimmy
My Designs

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:24 pm
Farmer

MarioJesnifer wrote:
They do stay in the same place.
This is how we used to sell farm designs. We'd send over the designs by "offering accessories" but they'd already be put in the exact place the designer intended for them to be. This helps us when we want to make a design on one farm and add sections to another farm.

There has been a suggestion to add a "randomize" box to the manage farms page, but so far it has only been suggested.

That would be a really good idea for things like this ! It has already happened to me in the past and there's nothing we can do !

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:28 pm
Profile WWW
Farmer

Well i hope this "randomize" box does come into play because not only can it help save items, it can also help designers when they want a "Messy" look.

Well thanks every one anyway C:

To Visit My Farm, Click This Link --> http://www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/2275421

Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:49 am
Farmer

Am I the only one who`s gotten the item to show on another farm by moving it after it slipped off screen?.. It`s also worth mentioning that I can`t get any small ponds to show on the farm in question after the one that slipped out.. That sure isn`t normal, but I haven`t given it a second thought before now, quiet simply because I just used blue ponds instead.. But now that I`m about to find out that getting the small pond back into the game by moving it wasn`t as normal as I thought, it kind of resurfaced (lol)..
This is the only item of a certain size that`s slipped in my case, so I`ve got no idea whether this was a on time only -kind of thing either..
The farm in question, is the one called Pinnistan, btw. Here`s a screen shot of it:

The small pond got out of the screen in the top right corner. :)

Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:49 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

Grounds tend to "cover" certain items, and when you remove the ground, they return. If the item in question is moved into any farm without a ground, or the ground in the specific farm is removed, "lost" items may seem to "return, but they were never actually lost in the first place.

The reason an item might not show up in the farm the ground covered said item in is because it hadn't been moved away from the edge of the screen, where the ground would cover it again. I'd explain with a picture, but I don't have access to a computer at this time (I am typing from my mobile).

Gry, does the pond show up if you move it to another farm?

Edit: This post by Kaleidoscope explains what I mean by disappearing being the grounds' fault. It also explains that some grounds are different sizes. It's taken a bit out of context, so hopefully it will make sense.

kaleidoscope wrote:
Not all grounds are the same size. If something falls off the edge with one ground, it may be visible with another (or no ground) because the original was smaller, giving the farm a smaller perimeter. Once the ground is bigger, giving the farm a larger perimeter, it shows back up die to the size of the farm. It's a size thing, that's all. Draw a box on a piece of paper. Place something juuuust outside of it. Then draw another circle outside that. The first circle is the smaller ground where the object didn't shoe up. The outer circle is the bigger ground and now the object is inside it (representing it showing). Make sense?

When it comes to the bottom seemingly acting differently than the top, this is due to the layer point (where one object overlaps another). You know how you can move a brick over a wood post and at a certain point one overlaps the other, but at a different point it overlaps the opposite way. That is because of the layer point which gives farms dimension. If the layer point (not necessarily the entire object, but usually somewhere around the middle of it) goes off the screen on the top, the object disappears because the farm itself is on top of the object, covering it (just like when the wood post is on top of the brick, covering it). It WILL do the same thing at the bottom, it's just harder to have happen because of how overlapping (layering) works. When it is in front of the farm, just like when it is in front of another object, is shows. You have to move it entirely off the screen on the bottom to have it disappear because of the layer point (the object below overlaps, so the farm never covers it). In the back, as with the back of the farm, it disappears faster because the layer point of the object is behind the farm, causing the farm to overlap it. It works the same, you just notice a difference because of how things overlap. You simply notice a more dramatic difference in comparing front of the farm to the back, but it is working on the same principles. You also notice a more dramatic different with larger items because of where the layer point is relative to the sides of the farm. A rock is smaller, so you can get the layer point closer to the edge of the farm before it disappears. It acts the same though.

This is just how it works. It's a bit complicated, but that's how it is.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:37 am
Farmer

Yes. The Small pond that disappeared from "Pinnistan", is now featuring "Panland". So I thought all items could be saved by moving them to another farm.. But the downside to it, is of course that I can`t have that same kind of item (small pond) on that farm ever again. It worked out for the best with this particular design, but I`m not exactly tempted to have any more farms that`s got some kind of an item that wont show. -In other words, it`s safe to say there`s been a lack of research on the matter (lol).. :lol:

Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:12 pm
Profile WWW

There's actually a way to get off-screen objects back onto the screen, it's pretty simple. I doubt I'd be allowed to share though, since it's technically manipulating the game.

Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:01 pm
Farmer

enderman wrote:
There's actually a way to get off-screen objects back onto the screen, it's pretty simple. I doubt I'd be allowed to share though, since it's technically manipulating the game.

You`re right. We`ve got to leave this one with this note, and move on.. :wink2:
The reason is first & foremost that there`s always a chance someone will miss-use this kind of info. -Besides.. I hardly think the creators/site owners will be too pleased to discover that people`s been breaking into their script, either :wink:

Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:03 am
Profile WWW