It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 3:35 am

Forum rules

Before posting please read the Forum Rules and the Frequently Asked Questions.

Please also remember to use the Search, before posting any questions!

Hello! 

Post Hello!
So, it's been a long time.... I believe I made an account here years ago but it was deleted for not posting at least once. (A+ job me!) The forum (and a significant portion of the site in general) doesn't work on Google Chrome, so when I switched to Safari... lo and behold, here it was!

I'm interested in creating sub-breeds and maintaining existing ones. I'd love pointers from anyone who's made one before! :D

Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:13 pm
Administrator

Post Re: Hello!
Welcome back! It's always nice to see new and returning members on here. I'd be happy to give you a couple tips on starting a sub-breed. These are some things that have worked for me as a breeder and that I've seen in others' breeds.

1) Try to use store bought creatures to start. You might have to buy tons from the store, or you can find storeboughts for sale at other people's farms. However, if you want to start a PonyaPan or PinniPup breed, you will need to find some with a shorter family history. They cannot be related to other breeds or long lines with the same characteristics. You'll also have to make sure that there are no missing creatures in the family history (because sometimes when accounts are deleted, the creature also disappears from existence in the family tree). If a featur is submitted with deleted family history, it cannot be accepted.
2) Decide on what characteristics, such as eye size and color or spot pattern, early on because it's difficult to breed new characteristics into a mostly established line without messing up what you have.
3) If you can, don't release your 20 generations until you're sure is completely identical. That way, you won't have to restart completely if you mess up one generation and catch the mistake later.

These are just some basic ones that I've found to work. If you find that something works better, then it works better. Sub-breeding is a very personal process, and everyone has their own methods. Good luck, and feel free to ask more questions! :)

Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:32 pm
Mini-Mod

Post Re: Hello!
Welcome back!

I hope youve begun working on a sub, I’d love to see your progress! Drop me a message on my farms anytime.

(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ ¸¸.·¨¯`·.¸¸.·
Main Account: www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/2131805
Design Account: www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/887476
My Story: www.wattpad.com/story/18821163-fate-luck-and-destiny

Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:56 am
Profile WWW