It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:08 am

Forum rules

Before posting please read the Forum Rules and the Frequently Asked Questions.

Please also remember to use the Search, before posting any questions!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Is Creature Breeder Dead? 

Post Is Creature Breeder Dead?
I've been here a long time. I was here before PinniPups, PonyaPans, and Ellidios. I was here before I was 13, and capable of actual, correct grammar. (Ex: "omg rght? so true! <333 lol 2012!")

Basically, I was here at Creature Breeders prime. And now, I'm worried I'm coming close to see it at it's fall. It has been weird coming here, after so long. huge bout of nostalgia. (I'm suddenly reminded of "Sia-Falling To Pieces". That was a weird phase of my life.) I have a feeling this site is so desperate for viewers that they're tossing "rare" items at them each time they go exploring in "Creature Finder" or something. (don't think that's the name)

Seriously, I got 2 Twilight's Vines and 1 Veiled Lady. THAT AMOUNT ALONE, IN THE 3 TIMES I EXPLORED. IN 2012, I WOULD'VE BEEN MADE A MOD OR CALLED A CHOSEN ONE JUST FOR THAT AMOUNT.

I have no idea what to say as a question. I guess I have one. How do you remaining people feel? Our cute little site, after many years, is going out of business.

I feel kinda guilty. and hollow. I'm sorry, Creature Breeder.

I'm Sorry.
~10dani00

Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:47 pm
Farmer

Post Re: Is Creature Breeder Dead?
Hiya!

First & foremost: Creature Breeder is neither dead or closing. The owners just renewed the contract, witch means it will at least be up & going for the upcoming couple of years.

With that being said, do I understand where you are coming from. The reason for the lack of updates & stuff, is that the owners are on some kind of a hiatus, as they need to figure out a way for the site/game to give some kind of an income, because they can quiet simply not afford to put all this time into it.

I'm afraid I can not give you any info regarding when they return, and what they'll do to make running the site affordable. Personally, I find it most likely that they will add a line of 'boosters' one can buy for real money (-or an additional 'currency' to buy these kind of items/features). -But this is just some kind of a qualified guess from my side, so we've just got to wait & see. I'm not any less eager than you as for the game to get back to speed, though, so I hope it won't be too long of a wait before the owners get back to us..

I recommend reading this thread: http://forum.creaturebreeder.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=147398

Hope this at least answers some of your questions. :)

Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:35 am
Profile WWW

Personally i've noticed this long ago. About the time they took down the "Top Ten Favourited farms", Which in my eyes could of been handled better, like a sort of notification saying, "would you like to accept to be on the top ten favourited farms?" Any way since they took this down it has been a little difficult for everyone to communicate and i know we have the wild and the forum but no one can deny that it was easier to talk. Newer farmers could easily get inspiration from top ten farmers, and find sales easy by just going to the comments as people use to leave ads there, and it was easier for other farmers to get word out of sales and just get around CB better.

People have the argument that we have the wild and forum and can still search players to chat but lets face it, it's not the same, i honestly think it was a mistake, as it was also a common goal to try and make it onto the top ten favourited farms, and people would come back to try and complete it.

The owners will eventually think of a way to start making a profit, i'm sure that the amount of "inactive" accounts on this website isn't helping and they should possibly think of doing a 'deactivation' of accounts that have not been used in the past 30-40 days, but you can reactivate it by getting a letter sent to your email or what ever.

I honestly hope that something is done to try and fix CB as it makes me sad to think that something won't, i guess we will have to wait and see :)

"It's Kind Of Fun To Do The Impossible" - Walt Disney

Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:12 pm
Farmer

First, thank you Gry, for your confirmation that we're not shutting down immediately and that the contract has been renewed. That is a huge relief to me!

Second, thanks Ezzy, for your recognition that the "Top Ten Favourited farms" being taken down is making it harder to communicate. That decision was probably a symptom of the downward trend of less users. However, I think that:
Quote:
a 'deactivation' of accounts that have not been used in the past 30-40 days, but you can reactivate it by getting a letter sent to your email or what ever

is too drastic a measure. Many Creature Breeders are in school, and mainly play during off times. No need to have them deleted. From what I understand, dead/inactive farms are not really costly. It's the lack of any income at all to maintain the site that's more of a problem.

Third, thanks for your input, YoHereAmI! I appreciate your sympathy to all of us. My guess is there are more 'rares' available in the Wild because less are being claimed.

Last edited by Fran1945 on Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:02 pm
Farmer

There is actually not too long since the question whether or not to delete old/dead accounts was raised. To my surprise, it turns out these accounts don't take up any mentionable Space, so it doesn't cost anything to keep them.

They did/do also have a way of making the site look kind of dead, as abandonned farms keeps coming up when surching and browsing. This was partly solved as we got the ability to feed the creatures in other peoples' farms, considering they've got an availeable manual Food sorce (food-crate, apple-tree, etc). If the creatures in question have reached max hunger, you earn 100 fb's, so it's a splendid way to earn some quick fb's as well. I'm a big spender, so I do it all the time (a tip as to where to start, is momsfarm).
If those of us who are playing take a quick round feeding abandonned creatures, it doesn't take long before the overall picture looks less dead. :)

Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Farmer

Yes, I agree with Gry that the 'dead' farms are a great source of income. I can make more money feeding 'starving' creatures than I can in the wild, and it takes less time. It's hard to see them 'starve' when there is no manual way to feed them. I put 'starve' in quotes, because I have to remind myself that they are not real suffering animals.

Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:55 pm

I remember when I was all about creature breeder in 2007 and I've been off and on for years since. I remember when it was so popular and things were different. I miss the old proposals bar off to the left side of the screen. The new "trades" option is cool but I always forget to check that tab. I remember when chatter chimps were first introduced and when you would go to the wild to see the old creatures you had released instead of going to get prizes. I love some of the new CB stuff but I too feel like its users are slowly dwindling down. Makes me sad considering how active it used to be. The forum used to be pretty active as well back in the day

Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:44 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]