It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:37 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 SCAM ALERTS! 

Post Re: SCAM ALERTS! [new]
Scammers are just to lazy to work so they steal from others.Scamming is a horrible thing and ive been scammed in real life and it is not fun.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:44 pm

Great job barbrafunmouse! You are a wonderful writer.
I too wish for everyone to read this and become more aware of scams. I do not understand people who scam, for I don't and surly never will, but hopefully they will read this as well and think before they act.
Thank you for contributing so much to CB! You are one of the most kind and caring people on CB that I know!
Again, great job!

[quote="syler12"]Scammers are just to lazy to work so they steal from others.Scamming is a horrible thing and ive been scammed in real life and it is not fun.[/quote]

[quote="horselvrforever"]i'm much more cautious now. This article helped wise me up and be more aware of scammers! thanks![/quote]

[quote="Sweet Angel Kissez"]Wow! Thank you so much for taking time to make this great thread. Its nice neat and easy to read. I think it's important that everyone understand what is out there and to be on the look out for such things. Thank you so much again. Your time in making this thread was much appreciated.[/quote]

I agree with all of these replies.

Thank you SO very much, barbrafunmouse, for helping all of the children and adults on this site.
Without the people like you, CB would NOT be a website that I would be on.
:)

Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:10 pm
Profile YIM
Farmer

I got scammed before....i should have read this sooner!

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:38 am
Profile WWW

Great! Thanks! Next time I buy a design I'm definitley going through a mod......

Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:28 pm
Rank Removed

Very nice and easy to read, also although it is short it totally explains everything about scams.
Perhaps one day scammers will die out due to awareness of their tricks.
I am very Lucky never to have been scammed but lots of other creature breeder users I know have.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:03 pm

:( It hurts me to see that you people think that you can't trust ANYONE. I have never been scammed and I have gone through a Daycare that someone i never met before ran on Creature breeder. And antother time, someone borrowed an ultrasound from me and GAVE IT RIGHT BACK. You can't think that all of them are scammers. That's just wrong. I know that you can never be sure but, seriously, you can't assume that all of the people that {Sell designs, make trades, borrow ultrasound machines} are all scammers. ~ Just wanted to let you know.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:15 pm
Profile WWW
Honorary Member

We're not saying that you can't trust anyone, we're saying that you shouldn't risk sending your pets, items or farmbucks to someone, so you can be sure you don't get scammed out of them. Once you've offered an ultrasound machine to someone, it's then their item and they can do whatever they please with it. If they choose to keep it, sell it or give it to another user, they can, and there would be no way of you getting it back. It's up to you whether you offer your pets, items or farmbucks away, we just have this topic to let users know of what can potentially happen.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
Honorary Member

While there are the rare honest people (and no one said that!), you should ALWAYS assume something that is in your best interest... in order to protect yourself. It is EXTREMELY irresponsible to recommend that anyone trust someone else that they don't know! What's next, trusting people you meet online and meeting them in real life? That's the same kind of nieve my dear.

There's a difference between being optimistic and not being smart. (though I don't think this is about optimism at all, I'm sure it has more to do with you wanting to disagree with us due to your tract record...)

You my dear, will get scammed one day. When that day comes, I don't want to hear you cry to any of us about it... like soooooo many others do in your position. If you walked a day in our shoes, listening to a bunch of nieve people state exactly what you did, just to hear them cry about being scammed the next day, you would then be enlightened to see just WHY it is so important to protect ones self. It isn't about trusting people or seeing the good in them, it's about protecting ones self. There is absolutely NO reason to open ones self up to being scammed like this. There are ways to do what you want/need without putting ourselves at risk. Therefore these risks are needless, and frankly, they are not smart. Perhaps it would be smart to see the bigger picture.

Do NOT come on here recommending that people put themselves out there like that. That is NOT in their best interest and we will not tolerate it. You are entitled to your opinion, no matter how nieve it may be. However, you are not entitled to give bad advice that can harm someone elses game play.

EDIT:
If you had READ the first post at all, you would see how your post is so completely unfounded it's sickening. Not only was it NOT stated that "you can't trust ANYONE", it specifically states that some members are honest! READ BEFORE YOU ATTACK! You have a severe problem with this and it needs to stop!
Quote:
While CB has a lot of honest members,...

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:38 pm
Profile WWW

Thank you, Bee Babe, you explained that very well. I understand now :) And Sparklebug, that's mean.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:07 am
Profile WWW
Farmer

Sparklebugs comment wasn't mean. She was simply explaining it how it is. From now on please read the threads completely before you reply. It's entirely up to you if you wish to share your items with others. Though if they decide to keep the items then you my dear are out of luck for we can not do anything to get the items back. Yes their are honest members out there, but then again their are bad seeds out there. Now lets get back on to topic this discussion is over.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:46 pm
Honorary Member

Not mean, just blunt. You have a problem with undersigning what moderators (and I'm sure anyone else) tells you. Therefore being blunt with you is absolutely necessary. Moderators react to members in exactly the way we are *forced* to by said member. So before you accuse someone of being mean, perhaps you should take a look at your own behavior (most of which has been off list with more than one moderator, therefore many members have yet to see it).

Conversation over.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:12 pm
Profile WWW

Wow! I want to buy a design now!! I hope they wont scam me...If so, I will be very sad

Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:17 pm
Rank Removed

[quote="abigail~:)"]Wow! I want to buy a design now!! I hope they wont scam me...If so, I will be very sad[/quote]
As Long as you trade through a moderator, you should be fine ;)

I always find it better just to design your own farms. That way, there's NO chance of getting tricked, and you can express yourself :) That's what I think designing is all about ^^

Sorry for butting in there >.< Just thought I'd post my two cents (:

By the by abigail, I would be more than happy to sell a design for you. I daresay I have too many -_-

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:58 pm

Oh, yes!! Hope people read more carefully, and do not put your trust into a person you do not even know! This is a site, where..most people dont know other's!!

Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:41 pm
Farmer

Hi, I'm fairly new to CB and was wondering if by "trade" you mean when you make a proposal to buy a creature? Do we need to go to a moderator for every single transaction? I mean, because I'm thinking most of the proposals I've made were for 5 FBs. Now, while I would hate to be out of any FBs because I don't have many, I can't help but wonder if that isn't a lot of trouble to go through? I will certainly do it that way if that's the way you think we should, but I just wanted to know if you just meant the more expensive things or everything?

Tue May 03, 2011 7:04 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next