It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:30 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 All *New* members are on moderation. 
Honorary Member

Post All *New* members are on moderation.
In an effort to keep spam posts off the forum for the safety of our members, we have been forced to place all new members on moderation. This is to insure our new members are not spammers before they have the privilege of posting freely. This means that all new members' posts will go into a queue for moderators to approve at their earliest convenience. These messages will not be seen by members of the forum until their approval.

Because we have to approve posts manually, please understand that it might take some time before your post(s) are approved and show up on the forum. It is our priority to approve your posts as quickly as possible, however, we do not sit on the forum every moment of every day. This means that it could take some time for your posts to get approved. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

After a moderator approves the new members first post (or posts, should they post more than once before we get to it) we will immediately take them off moderation so they can post freely on the forum. We do not wish to keep anyone on moderation any longer than we have to, for your convenience and our own.

Please understand that we are only doing this because we are forced to. Spammers have made forums a very unsafe place for us here and we need to stop that. We have taken many steps at preventing spammers through the years but for every step we take, they combat it and come at us with another trick. All of our previous efforts no longer work. Therefore we are forced take this drastic action. We know it will be inconvenient for all parties. It is not just members that are inconvenienced either, but trust me, none of us mods want to be doing this either. We do so much work as it is, this just adds to the already overwhelming load.

I hope that everyone understands why this is necessary. Please do not be disappointed in us, be disappointed in the spammers for forcing this. We are just trying to keep you safe. Some of those links are not only repulsive, but contain viruses. We would hate to lose you because a virus took over your computer.

In addition to moderation, new members are not allowed to have a signature. This is in an effort to keep spammers links out of their signatures. As soon as new members are taken off moderation they will immediately be allowed to have a signature.

New members will also not have the ability to see members lists and profiles. This is in an effort to keep our established members safe from harvesting their information, including their emails.

Lastly, new members are not allowed to PM either. We have had several cases of PM Spam through the years which we would like to prevent. Again, this is to keep our established members safe. Once a new member is off moderation they will immediately get their PM'ing privileges. New members, however, can read PM's.

Again, we are sorry for your inconvenience.

~The Mod Team

Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:25 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: All *New* members are on moderation.
I personally believe that this is appropriate. It isn't inconvenient as it is convenient. Its favorable for us real users (not spammers) who do not wish to overload our computers with viruses because of spammers. I, and many, many, others should thank you for doing this. :)

I'm a Star Wars geek and PROUD OF IT!

Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:58 pm
Rank Removed

Post Re: All *New* members are on moderation.
Thank you.since this started my computor has been going faster and i have had no virusus thank you.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:29 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]