It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:57 am

Forum rules

ImageBefore posting please read the Forum Rules and the Frequently Asked Questions.

Please also remember to use the Search, before posting any questions!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Current Game Mods? 
Administrator

Post Current Game Mods?
As most of you know, when you create a new account, it automatically bookmarks all current moderators. Today I opened a new account and it only had bushmain (Aemon's parents who do absolutely nothing), elizabethm., evestar, and Kaleidoscope bookmarked.

Are these the only mods? I know that Aemon and Choochoo's farms are still marked as *moderator, but does anyone know if there is a specific reason only 4 of the actual mods are automatically bookmarked?

(Aemon mentioned in a news post a long time ago that his parents were a mod so that they could create contests, but they are never on, even thoigh their berry tree is always full...)

Thu May 29, 2014 1:38 pm
Farmer

Post Re: Current Game Mods?
Hi Hadely

You're correct that only mods are automatically bookmarked. I believe this is so that it makes it easier for new players to already have staff bookmarked.
Also, right now the best option if someone is having a issue on the site is to report on here under the Report Abuse forum and one of the mods from the main site will see and take care of it.

Thu May 29, 2014 2:30 pm

There is another mod named -=]Merlin. He is aemon & choochoo's business partner. He became a mod about 6 months ago, but I haven't seen any activity from him in the last couple of months.

Thu May 29, 2014 3:03 pm
Farmer

=]Merlin is also added automatically to the favorites/bookmarks for new accounts.
I think it is safe to say that current mods are added to new account's favorites automatically.

Thu May 29, 2014 3:09 pm
Administrator

I was only wondering why there were only 4 mods bookmarked on a brand new account.
So I was saying that maybe not all current mods are bookmarked automatically.
Ankokou wrote:
Also, right now the best option if someone is having a issue on the site is to report on here under the Report Abuse forum and one of the mods from the main site will see and take care of it.

I was aware of this, thank you though :) That wasn't really my purpose in posting this though. Thank you for your replies.

Quote:
Are these the only mods? I know that Aemon and Choochoo's farms are still marked as *moderator, but does anyone know if there is a specific reason only 4 of the actual mods are automatically bookmarked?
I just realized that this comment makes no sense. I meant to ask why those were the only bookmarked mods, as it used to be all of them who were bookmarked when a new account was made.

evestar wrote:
There is another mod named -=]Merlin. He is aemon & choochoo's business partner. He became a mod about 6 months ago, but I haven't seen any activity from him in the last couple of months.

Sorry, I forgot to mention him along with Aemon & choochoo. Thanks.

Quote:
=]Merlin is also added automatically to the favorites/bookmarks for new accounts.
I think it is safe to say that current mods are added to new account's favorites automatically.
As this was not true for the account I made *today*, I don't believe that it is safe to say.

I hope this post cleared any confusion I may have caused with my first post. I hope I don't come across as rude. :silly:

-hadley

Thu May 29, 2014 4:11 pm
Farmer

My apologies Hadely, I just made a new account to see what you were talking about.
I'm not sure why only four of the mods are automatically added, Aemon could have changed his mind about who to automatically add.

Thu May 29, 2014 4:17 pm
Administrator

It's fine. My first post was really confusing...
It wasn't that long ago when all mods were bookmarked. It defenitely seems strange that Aemon would choose to only bookmark some mods. Only bookmarking active mods would make sense, but bushmain is not active and also does not do anything, so I don't know (that was quite obvious anyways, lol). :D

Thu May 29, 2014 4:30 pm

Actually, bushmain commented on my farm 26 days ago. I was shocked to see it because I had never seen any activity from them. So my guess is only the recently active mods are auto bookmarked. Maybe within a month or two of the time the new account is made.

Thu May 29, 2014 9:56 pm
Administrator

It appears that sanam is marked as a mod too.

Fri May 30, 2014 4:02 pm
Farmer

hadleyelizabeth wrote:
It appears that sanam is marked as a mod too.

Do you mean that sanam was already bookmarked in your new account, or that they're marked as a moderator on the site? Just curious. :) She should be marked as a moderator, but if evestar's guess is true then she shouldn't be automatically bookmarked. I'm *fairly* sure she's not active; although, I could be mistaken.

Sat May 31, 2014 11:19 am
Profile WWW
Administrator

Just on the site. Only the four I mentioned were bookmarked. It appears that evestar's explanation is correct.

Sat May 31, 2014 11:38 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]