It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:02 pm

Forum rules

ImageBefore posting please read the Forum Rules and the Frequently Asked Questions.

Please also remember to use the Search, before posting any questions!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Unexplained gender´tweak` 
Farmer

Post Unexplained gender´tweak`
According to the "book", there are nothing we can do as to control the "new-born" creatures gender. There`s a 50/50 chance, and there are nothing we can do about it..
But non the less am I experiencing a tendency of offsprings inheriting the gender of the parent used to start the breeding that`s just too strong to be ignored!.. I kept telling myself to stop this nonsense for ages, but eventually, I reached a point where it just couldn`t be ignored anymore, and started counting. I was about half way through the 20 generations with my sub to be at the time, and used those to get a percentage. The following 3 generations, I got a female by starting out with the mother, and a male by starting out with the father.
- Witch leaves the score as 6 bears have been born;
Gry - 6
´the book` - 0

Then, the game decided to show off a little for the next generation. -The mother got her female, while the father got two females before a boy.
- Witch leaves the score as 10 bear-births;
Gry - 8
´the book` - 2

After that, another 2 generations got females by starting out with the mothers & males by starting out with the fathers, before an extra male set the scores to 2-1 for the next.
- Witch leaves the score as 17 bears are being born;
Gry - 14
´the book` - 3

As the following generation came out in my favor, so to speak, I fell out of the counting. I`d seen the same tendency with the other species & breeds as well, so one can say I`d got my answer..
I haven`t bothered to set the odds or anything, as my original thought was that I`d better keep my "nutty professor" -discoveries to my self (LoL).
But once again, my common sense had no saying when put up against my curiosity, so I had to check whether you guys have noticed anything in this direction, or if it`s just me..(?) -Besides, it can`t be denied that this, -whether it`s pure coincidence or something spooky, saved me a great deal of time during the sub creation.. :w00t:

Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:53 am
Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Re: Unexplained gender´tweak`
My sub did the same thing... But at about generation 18, it stopped doing it. I almost finished the entire breeding without having any of the wrong gender because this theory DOES work. It just eventually wears off. I thought I was just extraordinarily lucky, lol

Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:56 am
Farmer

Yea, they get occasional "gender hung-ups", as I call it, where a couple give birth to a "gazillion" offsprings of a certain gender before they finally break the circle. I`ve even had those who takes up the one-gender breeding policy after making this one or two exceptions (lol). But overall, I`d actually set the odds to be as high as 70-75% in favor of the newborn inherit the gender of the parent that`s being bred..
I`m so glad it`s not just me, as I was beginning to question my sanity :lol:

Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:21 am
Profile WWW
Farmer

This would explain so much. >.< Thank you for posting, I will have to test your theory out!

Frizzle: http://www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/730422
Frizzled: http://www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/2162693
Frizzle_Sales: http://www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/2168240

* I am more-often-then-not, a sardonic person, who doesn't realize I am saying what I don't mean.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:42 pm
Farmer

I noticed this too!
I just noticed it, so I thought I was just lucky, too!

MarioJimmy
My Designs

Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:52 pm
Farmer

I`ve got to admit I`m quiet relieved to see that others are experiencing the same thing, and not just me being nuts.. I`ve got no clue whether this is a tendency that somehow has developed gradually, if it`s been there from the start, or anything like that though.. All I can say, is that I started noticing after I returned from a hiatus last spring.. :)

Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:13 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]