It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:16 am

Forum rules

ImageBefore posting please read the Forum Rules and the Frequently Asked Questions.

Please also remember to use the Search, before posting any questions!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Role-play rant 
Farmer

Role-play rant
I can`t help it, -I find the role-players in C.B utterly annoying. If only they`ve had some relation to the game, I`d probably be able to live with it, but without exception, there are nothing that combine Creature breeder with the characters they`re acting out..
I think ones accounts at C.B should be restricted to C.B related activities.
Besides, I`ve got the impression that this group has got quiet a few that keeps violating the rules..
Am I the only one who feels so strongly about this, or does it annoy the living daylight out of you guys as well?..

Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:06 am
Profile WWW
Farmer

Post Re: Role-play rant
I'm definitely with you on this one. I'm constantly stumbling across vulgar and inappropriate comments left by role-players. Reporting them is useless because they always delete the comments before a mod has a chance to bust them for it. I'm going with the assumption most of them are 13-15 years of age which, in my opinion, is way too young to be participating in sexual role-play. Not only is CB not the place for role-playing, but what kind of reputation is CB giving off when new users join and are exposed to inappropriate role-play. Now, I'm not saying all of the people who RP are doing so inappropriately, but regardless, I don't think CB is the place for it at all. However, I do my best to ignore them and stick to the side of CB I find more enjoyable :)

Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:09 am
Farmer

I usually don't have a problem with role-players, as they tend to stay away from my line of business. But when I see sexual role-plays or extremely violent ones it's really aggravating. Lots of kids play this game, and it's probably not what their parents thought they'd see on a site like Creature Breeder. Plus, I personally don't want to see it.
I think most RP'ers respect that I don't roleplay, so they don't try to on my farms but it's so frustrating when they "forget" and try to start a role play on my farms!

MarioJimmy
My Designs

Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:35 am
Greenhorn

To be honest Role players are completely irrelevant to the game and their accounts should be deleted, if they aren't using it for CB purposes. They dont breed, sell, buy or interact with players. Most if not all depict violent and sexual scenes and spam you with annoying ads. If you role play and breed, buy sell and interact with players than thats fine, but it makes me mad when they just use it for role play only.
This had to be said.

Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:17 am
Farmer

SickDesire wrote:
I'm definitely with you on this one. I'm constantly stumbling across vulgar and inappropriate comments left by role-players. Reporting them is useless because they always delete the comments before a mod has a chance to bust them for it. I'm going with the assumption most of them are 13-15 years of age which, in my opinion, is way too young to be participating in sexual role-play. Not only is CB not the place for role-playing, but what kind of reputation is CB giving off when new users join and are exposed to inappropriate role-play. Now, I'm not saying all of the people who RP are doing so inappropriately, but regardless, I don't think CB is the place for it at all. However, I do my best to ignore them and stick to the side of CB I find more enjoyable :)

If a member is reported for sexual roleplaying and a moderator finds no comments depicting the acts we continue keeping an eye on the account. If they are "busted" for roleplaying inappropriately their account is permanently banned, and if they create a new account just to continue sexually roleplaying their accounts are deleted until they learn to follow the rules, or leave the site. We have no tolerance for inappropriate roleplaying.

You can't really complain of the reputation CB is giving off if you don't take the time to report the rule breaking. We're a lot harder on sexual roleplaying then what we where in the past, but there is nothing we can do if we don't get reports.

We can't ban ALL roleplaying, especially since there is no right way to play CB. If a member wants to appropriately role-play and has nothing to do with creatures- so what? They're not hurting us.

Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
Farmer

I agree with elizabethm, not all role-playing is bad for CB. If Role-playing was to be banned then a lot of users would quit playing CreatureBreeder which would not be good. Many users play CreatureBreeder because we love animals and to design things, but some people simply joined CreatureBreeder to Role-play and/or take care of adorable creatures at the same time. I used to role-play myself.. It is fun, but it can go to far.. I think sexual role-playing can be controlled if there are limitations on what can be typed in messages. (That means that certain words/phrases should be blocked.) Maybe Private messaging within CreatureBreeder, so users could report issues to mods quicker and the people at fault wouldn't know about it and wouldn't delete the comment.

Need some extra help? Please visit my website! (http://cbinfo.weebly.com/)

Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:17 am
Profile WWW
Farmer

DeluxeBreeder wrote:
...the people at fault wouldn't know about it and wouldn't delete the comment.

You bring up a pretty good point about the people, breaking the rules, finding out that someone reported them on the forum. I've received PM'd reports on the forum in the past, so that the rule-breaker wouldn't know they've been reported. I don't mind getting PM'd rule breaking reports, but doing it on the Report Abuse board is best so any moderator can handle it. :wink:

I don't know, if some feel its best to PM the team instead of posting it publicly then they should. It's better then ignoring the rule-breaking.

Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:09 am
Profile WWW
Farmer

Personally, I use CB for both farming (breeding, creating designs), and role playing. I have a separate account for role playing, but the lines between the two accounts tend to blur constantly. I'll use the role play account to hold old designs I don't have room for on my designing account, for example, and in the past I've stored creatures on these accounts. A lot of role players really enjoy how on CB, unlike with other websites, you can create personalized farms that reflect what you do with the website. So for the cat role players, that's creating farm designs with depictions of cats.
For the record, I would never condone violent/sexual role plays over this website, if anywhere on the internet. Many of the players, I agree, are too young to stumble across this sort of stuff and it's absolutely unnecessary. I role play because it gives me an opportunity to exercise some of my writing skill and develop plots, characters, and stories with another user. That's what role playing is to me. Since role playing will probably never fully go away on this website, how about instead of trying to get rid of it altogether, try getting rid of the "bad" role players and encouraging people that they can role play without breaking the rules and being a nuisance to other users.

Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:41 am
Farmer

If all role-players were as well behaved as you, *PandaDesigns*, I sure wouldn`t have had a problem with it. The same goes for those who`s playing around with the kind of nice, farm related role-plays such as the one with the cat farms.
Those are not the ones that annoys me. -And what`s much worse than me being slightly annoyed, is that the creators, -who`s responsible for the site content, may get sued if the "wrong" person come across a dirty role-play. I`m not to say whether they`d have a chance of winning, but they sure would get a lot of unnecessary hassle because of it..
With that being said, the game moderators are doing a fantastic job as to tracking the bad ones down to put a stop to what they`re doing. They`re in reality facing a mission impossible as to getting rid of the bad role-plays all together, but they sure are giving them a run for their money,so to speak.

Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:49 pm
Profile WWW
Farmer

Gry wrote:
If all role-players were as well behaved as you, *PandaDesigns*, I sure wouldn`t have had a problem with it. The same goes for those who`s playing around with the kind of nice, farm related role-plays such as the one with the cat farms.
Those are not the ones that annoys me. -And what`s much worse than me being slightly annoyed, is that the creators, -who`s responsible for the site content, may get sued if the "wrong" person come across a dirty role-play. I`m not to say whether they`d have a chance of winning, but they sure would get a lot of unnecessary hassle because of it..
With that being said, the game moderators are doing a fantastic job as to tracking the bad ones down to put a stop to what they`re doing. They`re in reality facing a mission impossible as to getting rid of the bad role-plays all together, but they sure are giving them a run for their money,so to speak.

I see what you mean. I was just trying to say that not all role-players are bad. :)
In the past year, since the mods started going around and cracking down, things have gotten a lot better, actually. I hope they continue to enforce the rules so the site can remain a safe and open place for those of us who use it appropriately and according to the rules.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:50 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]