It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:09 am

Forum rules

ImageBefore posting please read the Forum Rules and the Frequently Asked Questions.

Please also remember to use the Search, before posting any questions!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Players blocking each other left, right & center.. 
Farmer

Post Players blocking each other left, right & center..
One thing that`s always been striking me as odd in Creature breeder, is the massive blocking of other players compared to what appears to be the policy at other comparable sites..
Most ´virtual worlds` provides the players/members to block people they do not want to receive messages from, but I`ve yet to visit another place where people are blocking for less than rudeness, insults, spam etc. -In other words, people who`s behavior would ruin their joy if they were allowed to continue.
On C.B on the other hand, do a significant amount of the players seem to block left, right & center. I don`t know how many who threatens to do so in the intro, are following up on their threats, but still.. Is it just me who find most of the reasons for banning utterly exaggerated, and the policy in general for weird, or what?..
The most common reasons for blocking people, or at least threaten to do so that come to mind are;
- Adds where they`re not wanted, or placed in the wrong farm.
- Invitations to role-play
- Begging,
- Proposing in the message field,
- Breeding proposals where breeding`s not allowed,
- Purchase proposals where creatures are not for sales.

Yes, I`m know how it can be utterly annoying when people seem to be ignoring ones requests in the welcoming, but still.. I can not get my head around why any of these ´violations`can be anything to get so worked up about..(?) It should take less than a minute to delete unwanted adds, unwanted proposals are easily dealt with by rejecting them in the message box. -Especially since this seems to differ so much from what it`s like on other sites..

I have yet to ban a single player in my 7+ years at CB, nor have I been blocked from what I know of. But even though I consider myself as a polite, well behaved person, am I afraid that`s not what`s kept me from being blocked. If truth`s to be told, do I think it`s got a lot to do with the fact that I tend to leave when I come across farms who are threatening with banning in the welcoming, -quiet simply because they makes me feel less welcomed (lol).

I`m utterly curious as to what do you guys think about this :?: :D

Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:27 am
Profile WWW
Farmer

Post Re: Players blocking each other left, right & center..
I been on cb for 7+ years too and I have seen some really rude players...I won't block anyone for a stupid reason like advertising on my farm just because I dont like ads. i seriously think that the players on cb are too young to understand what it means to block someone because most of the players I would say are about 7-12 years olds which are still young and developing.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:06 am
Farmer

Yea, I agree. I`ve actually yet to have some rude comments on my farms, but I`ve seen some pretty nasty comments on others.
Rudeness & insults are what I consider as reasons to block.. But on the other hand, if/when the day come that something mean/insulting is written in my comment field, I`d report the person in question, so blocking would most likely not be necessary ;)

Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:25 pm
Profile WWW
Farmer

Yeah blocking doesnt really solve anything since they could just make another account but then again...doesnt reporting them have a similar effect? I would think so.

Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:04 pm
Farmer

Considering a violation of the rules actually has been committed, does reporting the person in question usually lead to them receiving a warning. When they`ve received a certain amount of warnings, their account is being deleted, and they`re banned from CB. One can also get banned without a warning if the offence is serious enough.
Being banned, does actually mean being banned, as there are ways to recognize a person who`s creating a new account. It may not happen right away, but it rarely takes more than a couple of weeks, tops. This is in other words way more serious than a simple block ;)

Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:32 am
Profile WWW
Farmer

Ah, I see because I have always thought banning an account just means it use can use it for a couple of days but still can create another account to use.

Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:28 pm
Farmer

When the game admins are banning a person, they are deleting his/her account(s), and will continue to do so for every potential new accounts by that person for any foreseeable future :)

Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:02 am
Profile WWW
Farmer

The only time(s) where I've blocked/reported/banned another player is if they are being disrespectful or using swear words. Other than that I have never really found a reason to block another player. Sure, it's a nuisance sometimes if they post an ad in the wrong farm, but nearly all of us have made that mistake at some point. So usually I don't find it necessary to block another user :P

(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ ¸¸.·¨¯`·.¸¸.·
Main Account: www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/2131805
Design Account: www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/887476
My Story: www.wattpad.com/story/18821163-fate-luck-and-destiny

Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]