It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:08 am

Forum rules

ImageBefore posting please read the Forum Rules and the Frequently Asked Questions.

Please also remember to use the Search, before posting any questions!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 SERIOUSLY?!?! This is ridiculous!! 
Greenhorn

SERIOUSLY?!?! This is ridiculous!!
I CANNOT STAND ANY LONGER to see the inappropriate role playing on this website!!! First and foremost this site is NOT intended to be a RPing website. Users forget that this site is about breeding/selling creatures, and to ultimately come up with subbreeds or generation breed creatures. THAT is the entire point of this website. Now, with that said, I have No problem with people role playing here, I think that it is really creative and some of these kids I see role playing could seriously be writers. HOWEVER, there has become a Magnitude of people inappropriately RPing and I know for a FACT that these people are under 18! So lets get one thing straight, "inappropriately Rping" in my opinion is anything sexual or sensual, assault -- YES I said assault such as being sexually violated, tortured, beaten, or raped. Now, if you are an Role Player, and you would be ashamed for your parents, friends, teachers, whoever to see what you are role playing; you probably SHOULDN'T be doing that. If someone were role playing anything with an inappropriate nature with my under age daughter, you BETTER BELIEVE that the Police would be contacted and an investigation would be started. I'm sure any other parent would agree. I have seen a 12, yes TWELVE year old girl role playing sexual assault with someone who she has no idea who they really are behind that computer screen. She has no clue who she is talking to, for all she knows it could be some 45 year old pervert.

People, the point I am trying to make here is that role playing is fine, but role playing like that IS NOT fine. If you role play like that you could find yourself in a world of trouble with the law. Literally. PLEASE protect yourself online. Just because someone tells you about their life and who they are does not mean they are being truthful. Think twice about what you write to people on the internet, because what you write on the internet will NEVER go away. Someone will always be able to retrieve that information even if you delete it. And those things can follow you around for life. Unfortunately, many kids will still have to learn that the hard way, no matter how many times an adult warns them of the dangers of the internet, and yes -- even on Creature Breeder. EVERYONE if you see someone role playing and you think it is inappropriate, REPORT IT even if they are your friend. You would rather be safe than sorry.

Enough is enough, have enough common sense to be appropriate online. And have enough common sense not to engage in anyone else's inappropriate behavior. This applies for ALL websites, not just creature breeder. Be kids! Don't grow up too fast, enjoy your time when you have SO much freedom, and can live care free. Believe me, the weight of the adult world will come soon enough. I care about each and every one of you, and I am only writing this out my my genuine concern for all role players on this website.

Below are a few links to help:

Rules to Creature Breeder: http://www.creaturebreeder.com/wiki/view?name=faq (it states: any sexual activity may result in immediate termination)
Video to Internet Safety (seriously! watch this, it is really good): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrln8nyVBLU

I am sorry if this post is offensive to anyone, but please know that my concerns are valid.

Thank You.

Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:19 am
Profile WWW
Farmer

Post Re: SERIOUSLY?!?! This is ridiculous!!
This is ridiculous!

I totally agree! It's hard to control, though, unless we report inappropriate role playing whenever we see it. I was actually propositioned for sex in the wild, once; I wish I had gotten the name of the player.

It would be dreadful if this were to become one of those kind of sites! Be careful, folks!

Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:07 pm
Rancher

I agree never had the guts to say anything though. I don't even get role playing and some of the context has been bad.

Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:20 pm
Profile WWW
Farmer

I did actually have a similar outburst last year: ** CLICK! **

As a Norwegian, I'm actually part of the culture that's got the highest tolerance as to what's acceptable to say in public world wide. Swearing is for instance to be considered a part of the spoken language. If this forum was hosted in Scandinavia, it would have been a significantly higher tolerance as to what would be allowed. I was for instance not told not to swear as a kid, but to use the words in the right context.. With that cultural heritage, do I reckon it's safe to say that when I tune into the Scandinavian way of thinking, I represent like an outer limit as to what possibly can be considered within the somewhat acceptable.. -So when I'm being shocked & offended by something that's being said, it's not just me. -It IS utterly shocking & offensive when I tune into the American/international way of thinking. -And the role-players at C.B manage to blow me away on a regular bases!..
Most likely, they are doing this to shock & offend, so I'm afraid we're giving them exactly the reaction they want by reacting to it, but on the other hand, are these reactions a necessity in order for C.B to be a nice place to be for people world wide. If these rules are not being practiced, C.B will be shot down. -It's as simple as that, so there's just no room for any other way to handle it..
With that in mind, do I reckon C.B would have been best off by forbidding role-playing all together. -Besides.. I reckon it's so freaking annoying, I'd be applauding a stop regardless the reason (lol).

Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:10 am
Profile WWW
Farmer

Gry wrote:
I did actually have a similar outburst last year: ** CLICK! **

Most likely, they are doing this to shock & offend, so I'm afraid we're giving them exactly the reaction they want by reacting to it, but on the other hand, are these reactions a necessity in order for C.B to be a nice place to be for people world wide. If these rules are not being practiced, C.B will be shot down. -It's as simple as that, so there's just no room for any other way to handle it..
With that in mind, do I reckon C.B would have been best off by forbidding role-playing all together. -Besides.. I reckon it's so freaking annoying, I'd be applauding a stop regardless the reason (lol).

I agree with you, Gry, and I don't want this place to be unpleasant OR shot down, either.

Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:33 pm
Farmer

It`s a shame for those who are enjoying roleplaying without breaking the rules, but they`re kind of drowning in all the `garbage`..
What I find rather peculiar, is that we used to have a group for roleplaying here at the forum, but it was closed last year due to lack of activity! I mean.. That`s irony at its best.. :lol:

Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:09 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]