It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:10 am

Forum rules

ImageBefore posting please read the Forum Rules and the Frequently Asked Questions.

Please also remember to use the Search, before posting any questions!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Worried about the future of Creature Breeder!!!! 
Greenhorn

Worried about the future of Creature Breeder!!!!
So, I decided to look up some information about creature breeder out of curiosity. I then found that apparently the domain is going to expire in 1 month! Which apparently means it may or may not vanish in 1 month but it means the domain owner isnt very serious about the site and it could disappear at any time?! If ANYONE could shed some light on what ameon & choochoo are planning to do with this site, that would be great. We havent had ANY update from them in literally a year, which is frustrating. The last thing they said was:

Dear Breeders,

We love this site, and we love working on it.
At a personal level, I love working on an original, creative project with my brother. Unfortunately this site is expensive to maintain. We now have a community of thousands of breeders and the server bills keep going up and up as we evolve the site and add new functionality. That’s without even mentioning the time we spend, which is difficult when you also have a full time job…
Today, Creature Breeder is not a profitable project for us. I am afraid that if it doesn’t become profitable, we will some day have to stop working on it. Sooo, long story short, I want to ask you guys: would you be willing to pay for Creature Breeder? Please help us by filling out this short survey.
Thanks!
..and Happy breeding,
aemon

SO, does that mean that they are done with this site, and that when it is going to expire that's it? What are your thoughts? Thanks!

Last edited by thewalkers♥ on Mon May 11, 2015 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 07, 2015 9:06 am
Profile WWW
Rancher

Post Re: Worried about the future of Creature Breeder!!!!
I hope they make it a pay site instead of letting it go. I love CB. Maybe they can add some kind of group pay where the ones that can afford to can help pay for it.

Thu May 07, 2015 2:12 pm
Farmer

I agree! I would have no trouble with it being a pay site. And I think many people would pay for special items. Is anyone else willing to take this on?!

Thu May 07, 2015 3:18 pm
Farmer

Re: Worried about the future of Creature Breeder!!!!
I truly think we have to contact them! I don't think I could bear giving all this up right now.

https://www.scamaudit.com/domain/creatu ... e#pagerank

Last edited by Fran1945 on Mon May 11, 2015 3:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thu May 07, 2015 3:42 pm

All we can do is email Aemon and hope that he will reply.
I'm really sad for CB to shut down.
I agree with it being a pay site, and the people who pay get special items. (Obviously people do not have to pay)
And the reason for it being to expensive, is because how many people make accounts(I think) And if that is so, maybe they could actually delete all the accounts that has not been active for about 5 years. I guess that would help out a lot if that was the case.

MAIN ACCOUNT: http://www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/2167033

Thu May 07, 2015 4:45 pm
Farmer

Making it a site with special cash items would mean some way of paying, like a connection with Paypal, for example. Or, perhaps, a stronger connection with Facebook?
We might need to contact the server.

Last edited by Fran1945 on Mon May 11, 2015 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 08, 2015 8:40 am

Exactly how I said it: "WE will email Aemon."

Fri May 08, 2015 4:10 pm

I would pay to use the site, i also agree it should have a stronger connection with facebook, also we can contact Big viking games on facebook to see if they can buy the game, like they did with yoville on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BigVikingGames?fref=ts
I think this would require many players all leaving them messages to please save the game to show that there is many people willing to still play ect.
I have messaged them already about looking into saving the game and contacting the game owners, so we really need to find out what the owners are wanting to do and if they will sell it to big viking games for a good price or come to some sort of arrangement. which is suitable for all, i have let B.V.G know that people are willing to pay, and that the game is also connected to facebook.
in order to save this game. people are going to have to hear us scream and shout that we don't want it to be shut down!
Quietness never got anyone anywhere!!
so click the link write on there facebook wall - send the link to everyone on your cb friends list get them to post messages to them. ect

Fri May 08, 2015 9:41 pm
Administrator

Honestly, I feel that Aemon is most likely fully aware of the details of operating an internet site, including the expiration date for domains. Though it is troubling that the domain is so close to expiration, the site won't be taken down immediately, as expressed in the report. Aemon is still in control of the site and as users we cannot currently control the direction of the site, much less announce it's state as "For Sale". I would suggest refraining from contacting any company and offering Aemon's site to them. We are not aware of the full situation and that is completely out of our scope of control.

I don't have any other information to share with everyone, but let's be sure not to jump to conclusions and make this a bigger issue than what it may be.

Sun May 10, 2015 2:41 pm

All I want is both of them to post something on the CB "News" tab and tell us what is exactly happening / when and if CB is shutting down. :pinch:

Sun May 17, 2015 9:09 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]