It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:09 am

Forum rules

ImageBefore posting please read the Forum Rules and the Frequently Asked Questions.

Please also remember to use the Search, before posting any questions!

Your CB Story 

Your CB Story
I was thinking today about how I came across CreatureBreeder and how much it's grown, I've grown and the sites developed. :) It made me curious about everyone else's story on how they found the website and whatnot!!

I must have been around 7/8 when I first found creatuebreeder - I was obsessed with virtual pet games and joined in loads and creaturebreeder was the only one that really stuck and I enjoyed most. I remember when Chatter Chimps were brand new but I could never be lucky enough to get one out of the store and I had no money! :lol: I am now 17 years old and I've not changed my opinion on the site, I still love it so much and even more! Admittedly, my spelling, grammar and punctuation improved along these years as well as my creativeness for farm designing haha! The community is just so nice to be around and I can easily spend hours on end dwiddling away and doing things. :)

What's your CB story?

OH AND DOES ANYONE ELSE REMEMBER WHEN YOU FIRST CREATED AN ACCOUNT THE FLOORING WAS GREY? And you had one egg, a tree, a food barrel and 100FBs... xD

Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:55 pm
Greenhorn

Post Re: Your CB Story
The good ole days ;).

I sort of remember how I discovered Creature Breeder. I was in to a lot of online games( Webkinz, FooPets, etc). I wanted a free game where I could breed creatures.. back then.. well.. I was thinking more like cats and dogs but when I discovered CB, it kind of just stuck. That was so long ago.. I would have had to have been 7 or 8. I'm 18 now. And it has changed so much!

I've made a lot of wonderful friends since then.. which is one of the reasons I stick around(apart from CB being incredibly awesome).

Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:30 pm
Farmer

So far, we all have the same story of how we came across CB. :D I was looking for a game to breed creatures, I joined a few, none that really had what I wanted. I wanted something that actually took into account the parents and their traits when breeding. I stumbled across CB and fell in love. I was about 16 or 17 I believe. I am 29 now. I always loved biology, and genetics just fascinate me. I spent the first good little bit trying to breed blue eyes to albino, until I realized that was impossible. :oops: I have made so many great friends on this game, quite a few of which are no longer here. I am one of the few male players, and it seemed even more rare back then. I also remember when you only had 1 egg, a tree, and a barrel. Also, when you were able to feed the creature until its health was back up a breed again. There have been so many great improvements to this game, and so many new awesome creatures. I wish that the creators would come back so we could feel like there would be even more, but honestly, I love CB just how it is. I am also just thrilled that we are able to have new sub-breeds again.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:45 pm
Greenhorn

Ahaha. I often tried to get all of my other creatures to have pink eyes. I also thought that you could not interact with other members at first.. but I was so young so I never went looking around. It was just me in my own little CB world. I didn't start actively talking to people until I was like 13 and that's when I met Hypnotic(Eriy).

I had ad no idea you were a guy OnlyFuzz! The more ya know.

I'm a little nervous for what it would mean upon their return since their last message talked about paying. I mean.. I would if it came down to it but I feel like it should be something that is optional.. like a deluxe cb status where you get access to other items.. something of that sort.
I want that bunny creature though!

Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:06 pm
Farmer

I wrote in to their last post. I agree with Deluxe. I think that it would be awesome if they did something like x-box live or PSN network. You pay a monthly or yearly(discounted) rate and get access to extra stuff. It wouldn't be required, but it would be awesome. Like a $15 dollar monthly, or a $50 dollar yearly. It would help out. I also suggested doing "add on" packs, were you get new traits and creatures for like $9.99 or something. (This would be included for those who pay monthly or yearly). ETC.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:12 pm
Farmer

CreatureBreeder was a thing some friends of mine played in primary school, I believe I joined late 2007 so I would have been 8. I was instantly hooked and I'd play it at school with friends whenever possible and that continued throughout primary school. I stopped playing regularly in 2012, returning for a few months then leaving. Some years ago I met Mesmeric and Hypnotic and they are the reason I continued to play then we became inactive until recently and I don't see that changing for awhile.

and haha, I too remember the dreaded new account egg days. Where was growth slave then? :lol:

Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:12 pm

I also too would pay for CreatureBreeder as an option, but definitely option only. If it were to keep CB running and going I definitely would! :)

Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:31 pm