It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:19 pm

Forum rules

ImageBefore posting please read the Forum Rules and the Frequently Asked Questions.

Please also remember to use the Search, before posting any questions!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Your password. READ! 
Farmer

Your password. READ!
I know we have been having a lot of problems with stolen accounts lately. I just want to help some of you out! :) (If this is in the wrong spot or already posted, you can delete it! I searched but I didn't see anything like it really.)
I have heard people say that their password was "guessed". I am not completely sure if any really have been guessed, but if they have, and to prevent it in the future, I thought I would give some helpful advice on making a good password that is easy to remember, but hard to guess! Here are some ideas:

1. Lets pretend I have four siblings, Katy age 1, Alisha age 7, Darren age 15, and Josh age 21.
You could make your password the first letter of each of their names, and then their age. EX:
K1A7D15J21
To you, this should be easy to remember. It's the first letter of your sibling's names with their age, ordered from youngest to oldest. To everyone else, it is a bunch of random letters! :)

2. Lets say your parent's names and ages are, Linda Marie Evans age 36, and Tyler L. Evans age 37.
Your password might be their initials and their age! EX:
LME36TLE37

3. Pretend you have 3 pets: Leo, Cally, and Spot. Your lucky numbers that you ALWAYS remember are 3,5,7.
You may want your password to be the last letter in your pet's name and your lucky numbers. EX:
O3Y5T7

Now those were just some examples of the ENDLESS ideas for passwords. None of those would have made sense to any of you if I hadn't explained them to you, but I am going to remember them no matter what! You don't need to use these ideas but you can. Think a little about things in your life that you can mix up together in a random way!

Now I want to give you some tips to keep your account safe and your password good! ;D
1. Your password should ALWAYS be between 5-10 characters. Characters= numbers or letters.

2. Your password should be letters AND numbers, not just one or the other.

3. I change my password about every month and I re-use some of them sometimes. It just helps throw off people that study your behavior and info to guess your password.

4. Make sure you will REMEMBER your password and check every week to make sure your e-mail address is correct, just in case you forget your password or you get your account hacked.

5. Write down your password on a piece of paper and let one of your parents (that doesn't always lose things) put it in a safe place, but remember to update it when you change your password.

6. NEVER give out your password. Not even to your friends at school! This isn't always the case, but if you get in a fight, your friend might mess up something because they are mad, or they might just be a bad friend. Don't even give your password to a mod! One of them said somewhere (if someone could find it for me cause I cant :oops:) that they don't need your password.

7. Don't use the same password for EVERYTHING! If someone gets your password to one account, they get your password to ALL accounts, and maybe even forum accounts, E-mail accounts, and more!

Quote:
Unfortunately, every website as great as creature breeder will eventually be a target of unscrupulous scammers. It has finally happened. A user brought to our attention, a website link that is passing though the farms, promising that you will receive 1000000fbs for free, by going to this website and entering your name and password. This is known as phishing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phishing

Trust me, you will not get a million FBs and will most likely lose your farm and everything in it. Please, as requested many times, never give out your password, for any reason! We hope to gain the assistance of the hosts of the website, to have it shut down as soon as possible. Meanwhile, if you've already given out your user name or password, it is very important that you go to your farm settings page and change your password immediately.
said Ctracy5, an administrator.

So remember to keep your accounts safe and use some of these tips! :)
~Alexa

Life is like a box of crayons. Most people are the 8-color boxes, but what you're really looking for are the 64-color boxes with the sharpeners on the back. I fancy myself to be a 64-color box, though I've got a few missing. It's okay though, because I've got some more vibrant colors like periwinkle at my disposal. I have a bit of a problem though, in that I can only meet the 8-color boxes. Does anyone else have that problem? I mean there are so many different colors of life, of feeling, of articulation.. So when I meet someone who's an 8-color type.. I'm like, "Hey girl, magenta!" and she's like, "oh, you mean purple!" And she goes off on her purple thing, and I'm like, "No, I want magenta!"
~John Mayer

Last edited by BREEDER_ALEXA on Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:34 pm
Profile WWW
Farmer

Post Re: Your password. (mayby a stickie?)
I, for one, found this helpful. Thanks!

MarleyK: http://creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/474557
123Bobb: http://www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/2290226
Sub Breed - Triangle Chocolates: http://www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/554231

Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:38 pm
Farmer

Re: Your password. (mayby a stickie?)
Thanks! :) I just wanted to help everybody.

Life is like a box of crayons. Most people are the 8-color boxes, but what you're really looking for are the 64-color boxes with the sharpeners on the back. I fancy myself to be a 64-color box, though I've got a few missing. It's okay though, because I've got some more vibrant colors like periwinkle at my disposal. I have a bit of a problem though, in that I can only meet the 8-color boxes. Does anyone else have that problem? I mean there are so many different colors of life, of feeling, of articulation.. So when I meet someone who's an 8-color type.. I'm like, "Hey girl, magenta!" and she's like, "oh, you mean purple!" And she goes off on her purple thing, and I'm like, "No, I want magenta!"
~John Mayer

Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:52 pm
Profile WWW
Farmer

Post Re: Your password. (mayby a stickie?) READ!
This is actually good. Nicely done, kudos to you. :wink:

Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:34 pm
Farmer

Post Re: Your password. (maybe a stickie?) READ!
A password should also contain at least one character like underscores, asterisks etc(e.g. _ & * - % # +).

Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:18 am
Farmer

Al_x_ator wrote:
A password should also contain at least one character like underscores, asterisks etc(e.g. _ & * - % # +).

Ya if the site will allow it. Creature breeder does but I know some places don't. But your right. If you can add them, you should.

~John Mayer

Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
Rank Removed

Thank you, Alexa.

This is very informative, and I think that this will help Creature Breeder thrive. I would like to see this stickied.

Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:41 am
Farmer

:mrgreen: Aaaw thanks! :)

~John Mayer

Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:38 pm
Profile WWW
Farmer

Post Re: Your password. READ!
-makes sticky-

Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:30 pm
Profile WWW
Greenhorn

^.^ Nice tips! The siling's ages idea is pretty useful, but only if you've got 4 siblings! :D I like it, but I can't use it. I just have a sister and a cat. :P

Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:29 pm
Farmer

Awsome advice [i wil use it!]

Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:46 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks this was really helpful!!

Egg hunt farm:
http://creaturebreeder.com/farm/view?id=883465
(two per each)

Last edited by Laoise on Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please do not bring up old topics.

Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:26 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]