It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:15 am

Forum rules

ImageBefore posting please read the Forum Rules and the Frequently Asked Questions.

Please also remember to use the Search, before posting any questions!

Offline preservation of Creature Breeder 

Post Offline preservation of Creature Breeder
I'm wondering how possible it would be to make an offline, downloadable version of Creature Breeder. For preservation purposes.

This game is important to me. I want it to be around forever. But I don't think that's possible in it's current state. I don't know a lot about running a website, but I don't think they can stay around forever without the creators.

So here's my idea. (I don't even know how anyone would go about this. But it seems possible.) I'd like to basically take the game, and make an offline version of it. And make it downloadable. So, like, take the breeding mechanics, the creature mechanics, the store, the option to buy eggs, decorate farms, breed creatures, etc. And then make an offline downloadable version of it.

The only things that wouldn't be possible are the aspects like viewing other people's farms, buying/selling creatures, and any other online components.

I know that's a pretty basic version of the game. It would be a lot of content cut to make an offline only version. But remember this is specifically for preservation purposes. Everyone would still use the regular browser game. It's just a way to ensure it can still exist in some form, when the browser game shuts down.

What do you think? How difficult would this be?

Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:05 pm
Farmer

Post Re: Offline preservation of Creature Breeder
I love the sound of your idea! I used to be a very active player and I miss seeing this site active, but I am afraid it has been completely forgotten about by the creators... If only they would return and sell it to someone else who would continue to run it. I am not sure if your idea is possible, but I sure would love to be able to still design farms, breed creatures, and explore the wild just like I did years ago!

Guess we will have to wait and see what happens. :ermm:

Need some extra help? Please visit my website! (http://cbinfo.weebly.com/)

Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:28 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Offline preservation of Creature Breeder
I feel the same way; I spent countless hours years ago collectiing all the oldest possible fuzcubs and would be sad to see the game die once flash player ends sometime next year (or so I have read) I had wondered whether we could contact the creators of the game (I think I found them on instagram) and see if they would be able to update this or sell the game to someone who might be able to modernise it so it is accessible from phones. I had not considered the possibility my fuzcubs could all die a digital death sometime next year but now it seems entirely possible. I understand it is just a game and these digital creatures are not really alive but what was once a vibrant, lively game is now in need of help.
http://www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view?id=1563407

Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:19 pm