It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:26 am

Forum rules

ImageBefore posting please read the Forum Rules and the Frequently Asked Questions.

Please also remember to use the Search, before posting any questions!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 New Creature Ideas: Very Detailed 

New Creature Ideas: Very Detailed
Hello! I had an account years ago but I cannot remember the info, so I made a new one, Giapet. I am an artist and a huge fan of these types of sim-games, I love Creature Breeder and it's cute, simple graphics. I feel as if Creature Breeder could benefit with a very cute, chibi-esque, and fluffy cat-like creature such as this. I hope the image works, I have designed this creature myself and am offering it to Creature Breeder to use in their website as a gift. I have uploaded it to my Deviant Art page, and will include a link to it there if you cannot see the image. I'm sorry you even have to take the time to do that, I tried to make this as easy as possible. But I haven't been on forums for many years now and I don't remember how to include an image in a post. Here's hoping I did it right. This is my gift to the creators and designers because I absolutely love this game, I would very much like to see this come alive in the game.

If the picture does not show up I have the link here, on my deviant art page.

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2014/206/9/5/creature_cuties_by_gia_marie-d7s832b.png

As you can see there are only 2 different base styles of this creature. The one with more fluffy and the one with less fluffy. Four basic colors, gray, medium gray, and black, with an even darker black. Albino's, of course. They have markings on the face and tail only, to keep it rather simple. These markings are on the forehead and right under the eyes, on the cheeks. They can range in number of stripes and in color, all variants of gray. There is also an albino concept I have included. I'm not sure if the markings should be allowed on the albino creatures, however they keep with the original design. I have included an egg concept and different versions, colors, markings of the creatures. I know they aren't top notch shading, cartooning graphics. I just did a rough sketch of my ideas. All of this is for the game designers to look at, review, and make a decision. They can make changes, to anything I have done. I would be glad if this was just taken into consideration. If anyone needs to reach me concerning these suggestions my email is here: Giamarie1234@yahoo.com Thank you so much! I hope to get some feedback on if these ideas will be considered!

Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:52 pm
Farmer

Post Re: New Creature Ideas: Very Detailed
Those are adorable! Great idea!!! :mrgreen:

Need some extra help? Please visit my website! (http://cbinfo.weebly.com/)

Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:17 am
Profile WWW
Farmer

SO cute! I absolutely love them! Maybe the lines across their nose could come in different colors, or their ears or something so they would make super cool subbreeds

(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ ¸¸.·¨¯`·.¸¸.·
Main Account: www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/2131805
Design Account: www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/887476
My Story: www.wattpad.com/story/18821163-fate-luck-and-destiny

Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:33 pm
Profile WWW

Yea! or even stripes on the ears, or both! I just made them all shades of gray because its easier, the creators can do whatever they like to them and make them whatever colors they want, any designs they want. I'd just like to see a cuter, fluffier, cat-like creature on this game lol

Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:04 pm
Farmer

I think the fur around their necks should also come in different colors and lengths. I can barely see the pictures because they are white, so I darkened the picture a little..

I also made some colorations that I thought your creatures would look good with! Hope you don't mind! :D

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:14 pm
Profile WWW

hahahahahaha no i dont mind at all! ill be doing the same thing later on today!!! I was thinking more pastel color variations, i like the fur on the chest variants as well. I'm also going to add what their sleeping animations would look like, I won't make them actually animated but just the image you would see when sleeping. I just don't want to make them TOO complicated or else the designers might trash the idea. But on that note, I was also thinking of different sized ears/tails and even sizes of creature. like nymphs and giant ones, well not giant, but you get the point! In my new renditions ill be making them easier to see as well as better shading, graphics, eye detail. They won't be so choppy looking and uneven. How do you like the egg? any ideas for that? the creature is mostly furry based so maybe a little tuft of fur towards the bottom of it? but that might look a little too much like a nest, idk give me your ideas! I wish one of the game creators would check em out lol maybe with the new and improved versions <3 theyll be worthy enough. Thank you so much for taking an interest in these lil guys!~

Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:00 am
Farmer

Of course! I am taking an interest because I have tons of ideas for new creatures and some have been seen and liked by the creators. (That doesn't mean they are going to be added, but Choochoo told me he'd add one of mine to the drawer of ideas) If you want to check out my ideas go here, http://cbinfo.weebly.com/ideasdarr.html

Yes, ear size, eye size, tail size, fur length, eye color, line color, and line locations, should be the characteristics which can be changed.

This is what I thought the egg could look like.. I took the fur going around one of your creature's necks and put it on the egg. Along with some black lines. Thought it would make the egg stand out.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:00 am
Profile WWW

I have added some newer variations and refined the lines, and added minimal shading. Wow that's a really good egg! Would it be possible to blend in the black a little? I'm very excited that one of the designers, even saw this! Just that they took a small interest is enough for me. Thank you for taking an interest in this, by the way. I'm very grateful and happy that a fellow artist is helping to collab on this idea. I saw your creatures and item designs and I gotta say, I absolutely LOVE the blue tree! And your chinchilla idea is very cute. I'd like to try to draw a version of your chinchilla idea, it;s very cute! Although these little guys are kinda based on a chinchilla as well, they are from a side view and yours is a frontal view. I'm not sure what to call these guys, I'm good with illustrations, not so much with names and stuff.

I added new colors to these creatures, personally I think they look silly with so many colors and variants to the colors, it could get a tad TOO complicated and if it;s too complicated the game designers will have a harder time considering it. I made the albino's easier to see. Personally I like the light gray/gray/black based colors the best for the body. I don't really like the colored body ideas TOO much. I added eye-rings and changed eye sizes slightly, though I'll make that more obvious tomorrow. I added longer chest fur and fluffier as well, I'll also make a version with no chest fur to mix it up. I added various tail differences, they range from large to medium to small. I added different markings on the ears (could be too complicated, I'll have to hone it to a few different things, maybe). Different paw colors were added as well. The creatures now have the option for a pink or black nose. I added some different nose markings, the white fur around the nose is no longer a circle all the time. I added a chest fur color, and personally I think it only looks good with the orange creature. On the others it would have to be a complimentary color that didn't make it look washed out or too loud, and the breeding system is too random for that. We would have red creatures with bright green chest fur and blue and yellow markings, that may sound appealing but I don't think neon is quite what we're looking for. They would look like little furry clowns. I think we should stick with the white chest fur. That being said I'd like to stick with the shades of gray bodies with colored markings and gray/black/white markings. If you have objections, please do tell me, I love criticism. I'd like them to be able to have smaller breeds, larger breeds so we can make dwarfs or giants. And everything in between. Right now I think the colors are too random, you could have a creature with brown stripes on its ears and black stripes on its face with white lines on the cheeks and green tail markings. I'll limit the color options to hopefully rectify this, I wouldn't want furry clowns walking around. Maybe 2 colors per creature, or the color has to occur at least 2x on the creature. I'm not sure, advice on this part would be helpful since there are SO many options. For the marking/color placement as well, that needs to be refined.

Lots of different colors and marking options will be able to breed for, it's almost unlimited which will make for a very diverse creature spread sheet and I'm not how sure the creators will take that. I will hone in on what looks best tomorrow or the next day, adding more fur length options, I'll probably add a longer one. I will also take out some of the options because I think this is far too many and will get very complicated, unless the creators are willing to program all of that, I'm not sure but for now I'll play on the safe side. I will fix the lopsided ear on the longer furred creature and tone down the variations and colors to make it simpler. I will add smaller/larger noses. I will add different ear sizes and perhaps hair options in between the ears. I'll be organizing the creatures according to tail length, fur length, eye size, etc. Anyways, tell me what you think! Sorry I'm so obsessive about the colors/markings I'm too much of a perfectionist haha.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:38 pm
Farmer

Adorable!!! I love the yellow one.. It reminds me of Pikachu!

I don't think the chest fur should be just white.. There should be a set of different colors like white, grey, black, and brown. (They could also come in darker or lighter shades in those four colors)
Remember the creatures are random, not all of them will have the perfect colorations! That's why you breed them for the look that you like. And I am helping you because I really like your ideas and drawings! They make mine look poorly done! (Which they are..)

I think the problem is that there are too many locations for lines and spots.. There should be a range.. Because that would be the hard part when it came to programming and breeding. They can either have lines all the way, or a few on the face, ears, and tail, or lines under the eyes and tail.
Like you said it would diverse.

And thank you so much for visiting my site! I am working on ideas and will be posting them later! I still have to post more on the Owl creature and I am going to work on the Horse one too!

Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:55 am
Profile WWW

I made 3 different eye sizes, 3 different tail sizes, 3 different ear sizes and 3 different chest fur sizes. Larger on the left and smaller on the right with medium features in the middle. They can either have no markings/stripes, a little markings/stripes or full markings/stripes. I took out the colored paws and eye-rings. I made some colored chest fur. I made the color variants look better, what's shown here isn't the only color combinations that can happen if bred. You need to use your imagination lol I refined the shading a little and fixed the lopsided ears. I'm thinking about making a list of all of the color combinations and markings possible. But as of right now the markings they can have:

Ears:
-None
-Stripes, occurring in singles, 2's or 3's. All colors available. They can be thin or thick, and occur only on the sides of the ears.
-Tip is colored, usually black but can be changed if bred for it. All colors available, but whites, grays, black most common.

Forehead:
-None
-Stripes, occurring in singles, 2's or 3's. All colors available. They can be thick or thin. Usually the same length but some can vary.

Tail:
-None
-Stripes, occurring all along the tail or in singles, 2's or 3's. Can vary in thickness. All colors available.
-Tip is colored, stripes may also be present if bred for it. Tip can be the whole tail, half the tail, or just the tip. All colors available.

Chest:
-Solid color, always. Lighter tones of yellow, red, blue, brown, gray and white. White is most common.

Paws:
-Solid color, always. White is most common but one paw may be colored, or all of them. All colors available.

Eyes:
-Blue
-Red
-Green
-Brown
-Light Blue

The body styles can be fluffy or less fluffy, noticeable by looking at the cheeks. They can have large ears, medium ears, or small ears. They can have large eyes, medium eyes, or small eyes. They can have large tails, medium tails, or small tails. The chest fur can be long, medium or short. I realized that the eyes between the medium and small features aren't too different, I will be fixing this later so it's more obvious.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:56 pm
Farmer

I think the stripes on the face should be 2, all across the board. But other than that these are awesome!

Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
Farmer

These are the cutest creatures I`ve ever seen! I`d die for a pair of those.. Besides, I think they would suit the game perfectly, not to mention that they must be excellent for sub-breeding :D

Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:37 pm
Profile WWW

If the stripes on the forehead and under the cheeks are always two then that could get boring, I think with the variation of 1, 2 or 3 they'll be more interesting and aesthetically pleasing. It opens up the door for more sub breeds anyways and we all love those lol I'll be refining them further, and adding the eye rings back with the colored paws. Just white paws can get mundane. Thank you Gry! I really would like to see them in creature breeder. I'll be making a sleeping version too! I've been meaning too, I've just been too busy with the all of the variations. It's kinda funny how they are all the same size but with the different sized features make them look larger or smaller. The ones with small features look almost like fluffy bears while the larger featured ones look like mice. These are really fun working on. I'm enjoying it a lot, I really hope the creators take a look and consider them haha. I'll add those updated versions tomorrow or the next day! Thank you guys so much for your support it really means a lot!

Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:35 pm
Farmer

Between the colors, 2 stripes sizes and everything I think farmers would have a field day with creaTing subbreeds! With having two stripes on all of them, I figured that was just one less programming/editing/creating thing the creators would have to deal with xp

But either way, these creatures are absolutely to die for and I'd love to see them show up in the site!!

Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:53 pm
Profile WWW

Hey guys! Sorry I didn't post the new versions yet, I've been pretty busy! I'll have em soon! We could have just two stripes on the foreheads but I like the option of 1-3 on the cheeks.

Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:14 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next