It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:54 am

Forum rules

ImageBefore posting please read the Forum Rules and the Frequently Asked Questions.

Please also remember to use the Search, before posting any questions!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Ideas to make our lives simpler! 
Farmer

Post Ideas to make our lives simpler!
Hello farmers! I am back, hope you didn't miss me too much :lol: Bet some of the new users don't even know who I am :huh:

My ideas:

Simpler Manage Farms-

Other ideas:
-Folders in Unused Accesories.. (Flora, Essential, Toys, Specialty.. Etc..) [Manage farms]
-CB Bank? :
CB Bank is something I thought about.. What if there was a bank in CB where you can deposit Farmbucks? That way you could make a profit and have a backup when you spend everything. (Won't this make it easier to get Rich?) Yes and no.. There should be a limit to how much FB can be put in.. So like 100FB or 1000FB.. Each month the amount in the bank Doubles! So lets say I put in 100FB in the CB Bank for a whole year and didn't take any out.. I would have 1200FB by the end of the year! So if I had put the limit of 1000FB and waited a year.. I'd have 12,000FB! Though there is a catch.. The CB Bank isn't able to hold more than 25,000FB.. But what if they added a choice to purchase a Bigger bank account??
(Like 5 dollars to make your bank hold 35,000FB instead.. and so on..)

Need some extra help? Please visit my website! (http://cbinfo.weebly.com/)

Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:12 pm
Profile WWW
Farmer

Post Re: Ideas to make our lives simpler!
These are some awesome ideas! I really like the distribution idea, and the CB bank.
In a case where you have a very large amount of items in farm1 (ex. 290 blue mushrooms) are you able to distribute them evenly to Farm2 & Farm3 (etc) directly from it's farm, instead of having to drag the item one by one to another farm?

(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ ¸¸.·¨¯`·.¸¸.·
Main Account: www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/2131805
Design Account: www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/887476
My Story: www.wattpad.com/story/18821163-fate-luck-and-destiny

Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:32 am
Profile WWW
Farmer

Bluezebra wrote:
These are some awesome ideas! I really like the distribution idea, and the CB bank.
In a case where you have a very large amount of items in farm1 (ex. 290 blue mushrooms) are you able to distribute them evenly to Farm2 & Farm3 (etc) directly from it's farm, instead of having to drag the item one by one to another farm?

Yes you would just have to drag all 290 down to the bottom and drop it in the distribute button.. I was thinking after I logged out that there should be a drag down as well where you can select which farms to distribute the items to like..

Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:56 am
Profile WWW
Greenhorn

These are some very good ideas, especially the distributor :D
About the CB Bank, it's a good idea but the fact that it doesn't hold/save very many FBs is kind of the down side:/ I know I personally wouldn't use it if it does turn into a real thing mainly because it would sort of defeat the purpose of all my extra/storage accounts. And I know there are quite a few users that already use storage/extra farms as banks where they're storing and gathering thousands even millions of FBs so they probably wouldn't use it either. Although it wouldn't be very useful for old and experienced users it would be quite fun for new users who start off with only 1500 FBs :)

Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:17 am
Administrator

These are definitely some really great ideas. :)

The distribution would save a LOT of time for me. I like that you mentioned the berry trees because that's exactly what I have the hardest time doing. It sometimes glitches on me and I have to add a berry tree to a farm several times before it "sticks". Distributing between certain farms is neat as well.
The bank seems like an interesting idea. Like Dramatacious said, I can imagine it would help a lot of the newer players build up their stash of FBs.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:32 am
Farmer

Okay, the distribution thing sounds amazing! I hope one day it actually makes it's way onto the site cause it would make life easier for everyone! :p

Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:34 pm
Profile WWW
Farmer

Thank you all for comments! :)

I suggested the Distribution because I have that same issue! It takes me a long time to put a berry tree in all my farms because of it loading so slow :pinch: I'd rather put the 20 berry trees in a Distributor and not have to drag each berry tree individually.

I have a different view on the CB Bank though.. It may not seem like something you'd use, but I think it would be used by anyone! Yes I too use other accounts to store FB for "In-case" reasons, but what if you could put in 1000FB in the CB Bank on your side accounts and while you are on your main account for a few months.. When you return to the other account you would have made an income along with the amount made just from clicking on Bonsais and Red Maples. That way you can make more designs! And do not have to worry about going broke.

Quote:
About the CB Bank, it's a good idea but the fact that it doesn't hold/save very many FBs is kind of the down side:/

I was giving an Example.. The bank could hold more! Though I thought that the creators should decide how much it can store.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:46 pm
Profile WWW
Greenhorn

Ah, I remember you! Welcome back! :)

I love the bank idea. It sounds great. I've seen this idea being used on many other websites, so I could see how it could work for CB. The more money you put into the bank, the greater the interest and therefore, the more money you earn.
The biggest downfall I can potentially see with this is multiple accounts. Many users (myself included) have many CB accounts and could easily throw in all the fbs they have, into the bank, gain interest and log out then log back in..In say, 6 months time? Boom, mega rich! (I guess maple trees could be used in the same way? Perhaps?) A way to counter this could be that the interest is only gained if you log in each day, however. :)

Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:44 am
Profile WWW
Farmer

I think to limit the use of extra accounts to build up interest in the banks, there should be way to link your accounts. Then, all accounts that aren't linked or accounted for are removed this clearing out all the old abandoned farms, and stopping people from becoming millionaires in days.

Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:02 am
Profile WWW
Administrator

There is no reason to clear out old abandoned accounts. I know people that left CB for over SIX years, and when they returned, they were SO happy because their established farms were still there. I myself have "abandoned" accounts which hold my most precious creatures. I never log in to them because my precious creatures will always be there. I don't even have to log in in order to feed them.

Farmers can become millionaires in days ANYWAY. They can manipulate the game in many ways, none of which are against the rules (even though they should be).

Instead of requiring a bank to help, I would suggest players simply be frugal in their spending. Another suggestion I have is to send the FBs you don't want to accidentally spend to another account.

Money trees are a good enough way to make Farm Bucks. So is visiting the Wild or feeding sick creatures.

All of this I say as my own opinion.

Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:49 am
Farmer

Okay xp I just suggested clearing out old abandoned accounts cause I thought it was an issue or something

Maybe all accounts that haven't been active in a long time could be emailed or something? I don't know

Last edited by hadleyelizabeth on Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Removed chat speak (Rule #4)

Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:12 am
Profile WWW
Administrator

It isn't an issue.

kaleidoscope wrote:
On the grand scale, unused accounts don't really account for much of anything at all. Deleting them is pretty moot. Compare it to the size of a text file to the size of a video file. The unused farms are pretty much like a text file. It doesn't really take up space on the grand scale. Frankly, it would cost more in time to delete them than it could maybe "save".

The load is more on accessing the site-- the more people that access the site, the more out of pocket cost. With normal use, that's balanced by the ads. But...

People accessing the site, especially bombing the site, is of far more load to the server. For example: things like role play where members refresh every few seconds is a *huge* load on the server in comparison to normal use or in comparison to unused accounts. Personally, I push for removing the shout box or altering it in some way that removes the appeal of RP on CB. RP does not help CB at all, it only hurts it in many ways (violence, vulgarity, etc, etc- not that all RP'ers do that, but many do and it gets out of hand fast!), and there are much better outlets of RP out there on the web than CB. It's bringing CB down. I know RP'ers don't like to hear that, but it's the striking truth.

I love communicating with members through the shout, but it's severely abused and causing *this* exact situation. It's a huge load on the server and now those of us that *actually* play CB in it's intended purpose are likely going to pay the price! It's an unnecessary load the honest pal yes are going to pay for. Another illustration on how RP brings CB down.....

Emailing them would be a great idea!

Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:22 pm
Farmer

The issues following the unused accounts used to annoy me as well. Especially their dominance when using the search feature.
Since I already knew deleting them was no option, I suggested some kind of a control feature, where we for instance can rule out the farms that have been inactive for more than X number of weeks.
It got a positive response here at the forum, so I hope it goes all the way..
With that being said, am I utterly pleased with how thet`ve turned the abandoned accounts into a source of income. Considering there`s a food-source on the farm, we`ve got the ability to feed other people`s creatures, and get payed after how hungry they are. I must say this has made them much less annoying... :)

Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:14 pm
Profile WWW

I really like the show accesories thing! It make are life 10 times easier! :)

Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:45 am

Yeah I really love the distribution feature :) It would make things soo much easier.

Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:05 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next