It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:51 am

Forum rules

ImageBefore posting please read the Forum Rules and the Frequently Asked Questions.

Please also remember to use the Search, before posting any questions!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 More variety within the regular food sources 
Farmer

Post More variety within the regular food sources
With this new features that enables us to feed each other`s creatures, would it be great with something ´new & fancy` food. -First & foremost "regular" food sources, that will make it easier to find one that fits into the design, and by that, make it more attractive for people to keep such a food source.
I`m really found of this new feature. It does an awful lot for the game as a whole. Not having to see all the depressingly green creatures, does just cover the surface of the deep sea. It does first & foremost make the game/site look way more busy. Secondly, does it provide a great way to work up ones amount of fb`s, -witch I`d say is a great way to get the new comers into the game right from the start. And the list of positive side effects just goes on & on.
Personally, have I added a regular food source on all my farms, but I`d be lying if I said they suit my designs. It took quiet a while to find the place where they did the least damage to the designs.. I guess they aren`t all that bad in forest & wood based designs, but that`s pretty much it, so I can easily understand those who`s chosen not to add them..

What do you guys think?

Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:58 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Mod

Post Re: More variety within the regular food sources
I really like this idea. Even if the new designs are very simple, it would be really nice. Maybe a snow covered food crate for snowy designs--a small change, but it would fit that much better. A sandy crate, one wrapped in vines, etc. Or even new food sources all together, either would be great.
That being said though, one easy trick is to just put a food barrel in the very bottom corner, so only the top with the food shows, so it can be grabbed. (you can grab the barrels by the back rim so no need to keep some of the front visible.) Just a relatively discreet option in the meantime.

Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
Greenhorn

AmazingKayla wrote:
Maybe a snow covered food crate for snowy designs--a small change, but it would fit that much better. A sandy crate, one wrapped in vines, etc. Or even new food sources all together, either would be great.

Agreed, they'd make adding them into designs a lot better. I struggle to find a "nice" place to put my food sources for my creatures. Usually, I tend to place it in the corner of the farm, among flora so that it's not visible or I simply buy a berry tree and hide it in with the flora. But, I can still see how having variety with the food sources would be useful. :)

Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:34 pm
Profile WWW
Farmer

Under "normal" circumstances, my creatures are being fed by the Melon patch/Berry tree. But now that it`s become possible, I want people to be able to feed my creatures if they`re left hungry. It`s not that I`m likely to leave my farms unattended, but something may happen that keeps me from playing for some time, or it could be something as simple as the 20 days food source has run out while I was away...

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:22 pm
Profile WWW
Farmer

I agree with you Gry! I've asked choochoo before if we could possibly have the current food sources in an array of colors so they'd blend in with flora/grounds, but a snow covered food source would be so awesome!

(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ ¸¸.·¨¯`·.¸¸.·
Main Account: www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/2131805
Design Account: www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/887476
My Story: www.wattpad.com/story/18821163-fate-luck-and-destiny

Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:50 pm
Profile WWW
Farmer

I love the idea of different colored food & barrels! -And the snowy one, of course :D

Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:16 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]