It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:54 am

Forum rules

ImageBefore posting please read the Forum Rules and the Frequently Asked Questions.

Please also remember to use the Search, before posting any questions!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Few suggestions 

Post Few suggestions
I used the feedback page to send these(the day I registered) but thought I'd share them here to hear peoples opinions.
Quote:
I'm fairly new to Creature Breeder, only joining today after seeing my friend play for a few hours. I have a few suggestions that I think would help.

I think you should extend the page, I don't see the big gaps on either side necessary, if the space was utilised it would allow pages to feel less cramped and look a little nicer.

I'd also like to suggest remaking the whole navigation, for a new user it was complicated to find stuff. The top navigation is also unnecessary, they should be merged into the button navigations.

I hope I'm not sounding too harsh, just giving my suggestions and opinions from a web developers point of view.

This is a big suggestion but I noticed your forum was lacking in members and isn't very active. I suggest merging the forum into the game. Start a new forum and transfer recent posts/most important posts over to the new forum. Then integrate the new forum within the website. Members login using their CB usernames/passwords or don't have to login at all if they're logged into CB.

I quickly made an example of what would look better(in my opinion)
http://i.imgur.com/0csf8Hd.png and http://i.imgur.com/kjvaaS0.png
I didn't increase farm size but the space around it is bigger, there was nothing to fill it with.

Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:05 pm
Farmer

Post Re: Few suggestions
1) The rows on the sides, are for adds, so I`m afraid that`s just something we`ll have to live with in order to keep the game free of charge.

2) I`ve been playing C.B for years, so I guess I`ve gotten too familiar with the navigation system to say whether or not the one alternative would be better/easier than the other (lol).

3) The forum had a slow period last year, but now I`d say it`s pretty much back to where it was. New members keep signing up, -and the new-comers are both new & experienced players. Besides, the forum is separated from the game, as the game is being owned & run by its creators, Aemon & Choochoo, while they`ve got no such ownership in the forum.
In other words, the forum will not be merged with the game. :wink2:

Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:15 am
Profile WWW
Farmer

Actually, aemon and choochoo do own the forum. They don't run it, but they are the owners. :)

I'm a bit indifferent to the forum being merged with the game. It'd make a lot of things easier, but it'd probably make moderatoring more difficult. Especially since punishments here aren't carried onto the game, and vice versa, typically. If they were merged would that mean the moderator's warning system is merged?

Nice graphics for your suggestions, Endermann! :D

Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:02 pm
Profile WWW

Gry wrote:
1) The rows on the sides, are for adds, so I`m afraid that`s just something we`ll have to live with in order to keep the game free of charge.

2) I`ve been playing C.B for years, so I guess I`ve gotten too familiar with the navigation system to say whether or not the one alternative would be better/easier than the other (lol).

3) The forum had a slow period last year, but now I`d say it`s pretty much back to where it was. New members keep signing up, -and the new-comers are both new & experienced players. Besides, the forum is separated from the game, as the game is being owned & run by its creators, Aemon & Choochoo, while they`ve got no such ownership in the forum.
In other words, the forum will not be merged with the game. :wink2:

Sorry if I didn't make it clear, I was talking about the unused space at the sides. http://i.imgur.com/fiBdQlI.png

elizabethm. wrote:
Actually, aemon and choochoo do own the forum. They don't run it, but they are the owners. :)

I'm a bit indifferent to the forum being merged with the game. It'd make a lot of things easier, but it'd probably make moderatoring more difficult. Especially since punishments here aren't carried onto the game, and vice versa, typically. If they were merged would that mean the moderator's warning system is merged?

Nice graphics for your suggestions, Endermann! :D

A game(similar to CB such as they had their game on a website and their forum separate) that I played kept everything separate except that you'd use your username and password from the game to login. I think something like that would work best for Creature Breeder and even if you're banned it has no affect on the forum.
[offtopic]I wish phpbb had multi quotes, replying to several people in post post is quite difficult :P[/offtopic]

Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:44 am
Administrator

The space at the sides is solved by zooming in :wink:

Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:50 pm
Farmer

I agree with Enderman on this.. It would be nice if the sides were eliminated like in Enderman's image, the farms could be made wider and less boxy. This wouldn't be a simple add because the grounds and everyone's current designs would have to be edited.. Although.. Maybe Choochoo and Aemon can implement this, but players could have the choice when creating farms which size it is. Then Choochoo and Aemon would just have to make different sizes of the grounds and older designs would just have to remain as a square. (The User could just add more to the design.

Although I do not think the Forum should be put into the site itself.. because that would be too much work. Plus like elizabethm said.. Forum rules are not the same as CreatureBreeder rules. Maybe there could just be a connection made between the two sites like in Ender's picture where it informs you of a new Blog post. (If possible)

Though if this idea isn't implemented, maybe the Advertisements on the right of the farm could be put underneath the Comment box, allowing the farm to be expanded.. Like this,

Need some extra help? Please visit my website! (http://cbinfo.weebly.com/)

Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:22 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]