It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:39 pm

Forum rules

ImageBefore posting please read the Forum Rules and the Frequently Asked Questions.

Please also remember to use the Search, before posting any questions!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 'Reversed' family tree 
Farmer

Post 'Reversed' family tree
I'd love to have had a 'short-cut' to take me all the way back to the creatures' store-bought ancestors. Being able to start from the other end of the creatures' family tree would come in handy when searching through their bloodlines to find out if they belong to a genuine sub breed, or whether or not they've got something in there that keep them from becoming one.

What do you guys think?

Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:13 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Mod

Post Re: 'Reversed' family tree
I like this idea in theory but a creature, especially if it has a long heritage, could have many, many store-bought (or found in the wild etc) starts, if that makes sense. The two original creatures that created A, the parents of the creature A breeds with could of been a store-bought plus a non-store bought, so then you have to track down the origins of the non-store boughts parents.. hopefully that makes sense. A creature with a long line could have 10+ storeboughts throughout its line as you venture down the different lines of it's parents and grandparents. So, which store brought parent would you be taken to through this shortcut? It wouldn't be a clear cut line of Storebought(SB) Creature x SB Creature made A, who bred with a sibling and etc to give you the current creature, for some it would be a huge mix of SB creatures bred to other ones randomly, or just other creatures bred in that have their own long family line that is now involved and has to be taken into account. Hopefully that makes sense.

Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:30 pm
Profile WWW
Farmer

Yeah, I know.. What I first & foremost had in mind, was getting back to the oldest/first ancestors. The ultimate solution would be getting a short cut to all the store bought in the bloodline, but I guess that's probably rather optimistic (he, he). The main purpose, on the other hand, is getting an opportunity to start the search in the opposite end of the line.. :)

Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:54 pm
Profile WWW
Farmer

Speaking of wishful thinking, I would love to be able to see a creature's descendants in order to know what characteristics it might be passing on. Another way of reversing a family tree.

Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:42 pm
Farmer

Yeah, that would have been something. -It sure would.. :wink:

Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:02 pm
Profile WWW
Rancher

Great idea!

Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:32 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]