It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:33 pm

Forum rules

Real & Fake Breeds on the Current Market! [by ♥LoveField♥] 
Farmer

Real & Fake Breeds on the Current Market! [by ♥LoveField♥]
This thread is an 'offspring' from the one where I'm asking for some kind of an overview over the real & fakes out there. As it turned out, the outcome of this thread became so much more than I could even imagine.
♥LoveField♥ has tons of knowledge regarding the subject, and she`s been so kind and made us this amazing list.
Organized by HadleyElizabeth.

[quote="hadleyelizabeth"].

♥LoveField♥ 's List of Non-Sub Creatures Mistakenly or Purposefully Called Sub-Breeds:
When in reality, they are NOT actual sub-breeds!!!

Generation Breeds:
All Creatures on the Generation Breed List are not sub breeds. Many are mistakenly called sub-breeds due to the fact that they breed true (which is literally the only thing they have in common)

They are NOT and never will become sub-breeds.

FuzCub Generation Breeds:

Crying C cubs - Image
Crown cubs - Colors may vary, but the crown pattern is always present - Image
Sandstorm Cubs - Image
TearDrop/HeartBroken Cubs - Image
Ginger Cubs - Image
Pear/Pearl Cubs - Image
Tiara Cubs - Image
Belt/Belted Cubs - Colors may vary, but they always have a 'belt' pattern. - Image
Lefty Cubs - Image
Starlight cubs - Image
Pussycat/Pink Cubs - Image
Blueberry/Con-/Covenant Cubs - Image
Smiley Cubs - Image
Pecan/Dandelion Cubs - Image
Grape Cubs - Image
Sun Cubs - Image
Fire Cubs - Image
Star Cubs - Image
Pumpkin Pie Cubs - Image
Nutmeg Cubs - Image
Space Cubs - Image

TurtleTot Generation Breeds:

Mud Tots - Spots and spot colors may vary a bit, but the large, muddy-brown fan shell is it's trademark. - Image
Flash Tots - Image
X-Tots - Image
Up Tots Colors may vary, but there is always an up-arrow pattern - Image
Glow-Tots - Image
Army Tots - Image
Necklace Tots (Generations) - There is a difference between the Sub-breed and the generation breed versions. The creator of Necklace Tots also created several other color varieties, but they weren't submitted to the Sub-Breed Submission and therefore are only considered a generation breed. If a Necklace Tot isn't identical to the one found on the MSL, then it's definitely not the Sub-Breed version. But even if it is identical to the one on the MSL, you still need to search through all the family lines to make sure it is pure-blooded. - Image

BrumbleBear Generation Breeds:

Blueberry Bears - Image

ScuttleBug Generation Breeds:

Volcano Bugs - Body sizes may change, but their colors are all the same. - Image

Beakling Generation Breeds:

Black Birds - Image
Midnight Birds - Image

Generation Breeds Mistaken for Sub-Breeds:
These breeds have similar patterns and occasionally are called sub-breeds under a different name.

FuzCubs:

Vampire Cubs - These were created with the Eyebrow cubs and were never intended to look like Suspender FuzCubs. - Image
Peace Cubs - While they have the same spot pattern as Trinity cubs, they aren't related (but they aren't considered fakes/copies of the real sub) - Image

Fakes/Copies of Genuine Sub-Breeds:
These are creatures that were bred intentionally to trick farmers into believing that they were the real deal, when in reality, the real sub wasn't released to the public (with the exception of a possible trusted friend here and there). The creators of these breeds originally made tons of money selling these fakes off as the real deal.

FuzCub Fakes:

Spotless/No-Spot Cubs - Colors may vary. The real Sub-Breed, Spotless FuzCubs, was never released to the public. - Image
Suspender Cubs - The real sub-breed, Suspender Eyebrow Cubs, was never released to the public. - Image
Trinity Cubs - The real sub-breed was never released to the public, and the fakes have several extra spots. - Image

TurtleTot Fakes:

Heart Tots - The real Sub-breed, Valentine Tots, was never released to the public. - Image
Bikini Tots - The real sub-breed, Midnight Swim Tots, was never released to the public. - Image
Smiley Tots - The real Sub-Breed, Happy Face Tots, was never released to the public. They have no lineage and are actually a direct cross between Bikini tots and Heart tots. - Image

Beakling Fakes:

Magenta Birds - The real Sub-breed cannot be found in the public. - Image

Crossbred Sub-Breeds Sold on the Market:
These breeds are on the Master List of Sub-Breeds, but they cannot be found anywhere on the market with pure bloodlines.

Crossbred FuzCubs:

Eternity Cubs - The Real Sub-breed was NEVER released to the public. The creator gave one female to a trusted friend, who then bred the female to a non-related-male (crossbreding) and eventually bred the resulting offspring with the female to create identical matches. It is not and never will be possible to obtain a pure-blooded Eternity FuzCub. (fakes can have either blue or brown eyes, and some have pink spots.) -Image
Victory Cubs - All Victory Cubs on the market have been crossbred. If anyone finds a real one, please let me know. Until then, it is safe to assume they are all fakes because one individual massively sells them. Fakes have short ears and pink or white spots, while real ones have medium ears and white spots. - Image
Eyebrow Cubs - Most Eyebrow cubs are fake and crossbred. Even if ones on the market were pure-blooded, the real sub-breed varied too much to still be considered a Sub-Breed by today's standards. - Image

Crossbred TurtleTots:

Salamander Tots - All Salamanders are crossbred, and none on the market are authentic anymore - Image

Sub-Breeds That Were Grandfathered In:
While these breeds are in fact on the Master List of Sub-Breeds and were released into the public, they didn't breed true at the time, meaning that they varied too much to be a sub-breed by today's standards. Since the lines are not identical to the image displayed on the MSL, they cannot be and never were pure. Note that this list only mentions grandfathered-in subs that are sold on the market as genuine. However, if a pair that matches the picture can be verified as pure from the original bloodline, and is subsequently bred for 20 generations by a different user (even not the creator), it is still possible to verify grandfathered-in subs. One such example is the Crybabies.

Grandfathered-In FuzCubs:

Strawberry Cubs - Many strawberry cubs breed extra markings or wrong eye colors because it varied too much when it was released into the public. - Image
Oreo Cubs - They look a lot like the genuine Sub-Breed image on the MSL, but they often have an extra spot or two, and sometimes their spots are the wrong color. Therefore, Oreo cubs on the market today are not authentic. - Image
Albino/Snow Cubs - There are many Albino cubs being called Sub-Breeds, but they are not. The Albino FuzCub Sub-breed varied too much in shapes and would not be considered a Sub-breed by today's standards. being Albino does not magically make any creature into a sub-breed.

Grandfathered-In Beaklings:

Tangerine Birds - These birds never bred true. - Image

See what we mean?.. By clicking HERE, you'll come to Ncwriter's farm that's dedicated to the different kinds of fake breeds.

------------------------------------------

Things change in Creature Breeder, so please post the corrections & updates that come to your knowledge to keep the list up to speed at all times :)

Last edited by hadleyelizabeth on Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:30 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Added many more breeds & missing links.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:37 pm
Profile WWW
Rancher

Post Re: Real or Fake Breeds on the Current Market! [by ♥LoveFiel
:dizzy: I remember seeing a Fake Sub Breed Account. Someone was gathering fake subs so that everyone would know what to look out for. I just don't know who it was or where I saw it. If someone took that on, it would be pretty time consuming, but a good idea, I think anyway.

If anyone knows who or where it is, please share!

Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:19 pm
Farmer

Post Re: Real or Fake Breeds on the Current Market! [by ♥LoveFiel
Mum`s farm did actually dedicate an entire account to this matter, where she started collecting fakes for people to see & learn.

MUM`s FARM - Fraud

She does also hold the widest collection of sub breeds there is. She`s got all the other account bookmarked, -and she`s got manual food sources on all farms, so all creatures can be seen after feeding them. :)

Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:10 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Mod

Post Re: Real & Fake Breeds on the Current Market! [by ♥LoveField
(Hopefully this is the appropriate place to ask!) What about Chocolate chip cookie fuzz, Dimple fuzz, and suspender fuzz? I "have" some, though its fair to assume they're likely fakes and would fall under the "copies" category? (Were they ever released even? Also, with the "Suspender Eyebrow Cubs come in all body and spot colors as well as body types." part of their description on the MSL, if any were "real," would they likely not be considered subs by today's standards?)

Beautiful list by the way. Glad to see everything compiled neatly in once place with a bit of a description added to each. Awesome work :)
Also noticed you left Lefties blank on the second part of the list. Not sure if that was on purpose, lol. I can help you with an image for them [x], along with some images for others if that would help. :)

Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:32 am
Profile WWW
Farmer

AmazingKayla wrote:
(Hopefully this is the appropriate place to ask!) What about Chocolate chip cookie fuzz, Dimple fuzz, and suspender fuzz? I "have" some, though its fair to assume they're likely fakes and would fall under the "copies" category? (Were they ever released even? Also, with the "Suspender Eyebrow Cubs come in all body and spot colors as well as body types." part of their description on the MSL, if any were "real," would they likely not be considered subs by today's standards?)

Beautiful list by the way. Glad to see everything compiled neatly in once place with a bit of a description added to each. Awesome work :)
Also noticed you left Lefties blank on the second part of the list. Not sure if that was on purpose, lol. I can help you with an image for them [x], along with some images for others if that would help. :)

You`re on the right place! ;)
The thought behind this, is to take full advantage of LoveField`s amazing systematization by letting everybody who take an interest in this part of the game contribute with info/updates, so it becomes the place to look up the breeds we`re questioning.

- There`s been an endless amount of threads in this board revolving around issues such as witch breeds have a pure bloodline, witch breeds are sub/generation, witch breeds are fake, and so on. -And the same goes within the Sub-breed support topic.
The problem is that it`s a lot of talk, and not all that much info. The "things to know", are, if truth`s to be told, spread around in a way that makes it somewhat unreasonable to expect people to search through for info, so I figured I`d try & dig up enough info to make a small collection of breeds in one post..
But when LoveField offered to make us this systematized list, I all of the sudden got something that`s got the potential of becoming the tool we`ve needed for the last decade or so!.. The list is easy to update, and seems like the ideal base for what`s hopefully is on its way to become a tool for the future..

- Personally, I used to hold a whole lot of sub & generation breeds. But when the extent of the amount of fake breeds blew up in my face, I "retired" almost all of them by storing a pair of each breed in my secondary account for the time being. Some of them have been brought back into my game, but the majority is still on a hiatus, so to speak, at least until I get some clue as to whether they`re pure blooded or not.. Ex: Chocolate chip cookies, triangles, pear-drops, tear-drops, cinnamon apple bears, honeypot bears, and many more. With this list up & about, I actually feel inspired to start the process of finding out what my breeds are about.. But first of all, I`ve got to focus on getting this up & going!..

- It would be fantastic if you had the missing pics, b.t.w.

Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:11 am
Profile WWW
Farmer

I am currently at work, but I would love to quickly post about how I love the amount of support that is beig dedicated to help stop the sub-breed fraud epidemic we currently have. Many members well generation breeds as sub-breeds, and many newer members are none the wiser because they want to be able to trust their fellow farmer. So, it is like the blind leading the blind scenario, but having this topic up makes it much easier to show members what is real, where to find the real subs, and what are generation creatures or fakes in general.
So, thank you again. Anythig left blank is pending a picture.
I made sure that all pictures I linked cannot be found in any one member'a farm (unless it's my own sub-breed fraud education far). This is to protect members that have these fake subs, because not everyone is going to be as enthusiastic about subs as we are, and they shouldn't be shamed or public ally embarrassed about it.
So, I will be updating the list on a day off this week, so any pictures you can find of released creatures related to the fake subs, or a creature that is being claimed to be a sub-breed or generation breed that is not on my list, please PM me about them and I will update the list! :)

Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:42 pm
Rancher

Thanks Gry, I had it bookmarked and didn't know it. ♥LoveField♥ keep up the good work.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:54 pm
Farmer

♥LoveField♥ wrote:
I am currently at work, but I would love to quickly post about how I love the amount of support that is beig dedicated to help stop the sub-breed fraud epidemic we currently have. Many members well generation breeds as sub-breeds, and many newer members are none the wiser because they want to be able to trust their fellow farmer. So, it is like the blind leading the blind scenario, but having this topic up makes it much easier to show members what is real, where to find the real subs, and what are generation creatures or fakes in general.
So, thank you again. Anythig left blank is pending a picture.
I made sure that all pictures I linked cannot be found in any one member'a farm (unless it's my own sub-breed fraud education far). This is to protect members that have these fake subs, because not everyone is going to be as enthusiastic about subs as we are, and they shouldn't be shamed or public ally embarrassed about it.
So, I will be updating the list on a day off this week, so any pictures you can find of released creatures related to the fake subs, or a creature that is being claimed to be a sub-breed or generation breed that is not on my list, please PM me about them and I will update the list! :)

It`s my pleasure. Thanks to you, this has turned out to become so much more than I hoped for -non the less what I expected when I ´popped` the question that lead to this.
A list like this, was something I considered to be like a long time goal that most likely would take years to fulfill.. ;)

Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:29 pm
Profile WWW
Farmer

Haha, well, thankfully not much has changed within the last 6 months of my last temporary hiatus. Back then I was doing a LOT of research into Sub-Breeds and Generation creatures. When I say a lot, what I literally mean is coming home after work and/or school and dedicating hours of looking into farms through links in comment sections. I am sure there are some out there that I do not have on the list, but the major, popularly-sold ones are definitely on the list.
I was also a big participator in the Sub-breed discussion boards which contains most of the information on these fakes and copies, so I definitely know some history on many of these generation creatures, especially the older ones that survive today. ^^
I have already given Gry an updated list of creatures that are fakes. :) More are sure to come, haha.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:33 am
Greenhorn

This is really upsetting! As a user who works hard to create my own sub-hopes, I'm honestly really upset to see how many are on the fakes list!
Users work so hard to create sub-breeds or even gen-breeds and then people copy them, or crossbreed them and the true bloodline is lost. I personally still like a lot of the gen-breeds. Gen-breeds are still very nice and still take a lot of work, but.. The sub-breeds that are no longer authentic due to other users crossbreeding and copying..That is just so unfair and upsetting. I have recently submitted my own sub-hope and after all this..I'm heavily considering keeping them to myself and a few other users. I would hate to work hard on them, only to have the true bloodline be lost and a crossbred bloodline be spread and therefore then be classed as unauthentic in the future.

Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:33 pm
Profile WWW
Farmer

BleedingAngel wrote:
This is really upsetting! As a user who works hard to create my own sub-hopes, I'm honestly really upset to see how many are on the fakes list!
Users work so hard to create sub-breeds or even gen-breeds and then people copy them, or crossbreed them and the true bloodline is lost. I personally still like a lot of the gen-breeds. Gen-breeds are still very nice and still take a lot of work, but.. The sub-breeds that are no longer authentic due to other users crossbreeding and copying..That is just so unfair and upsetting. I have recently submitted my own sub-hope and after all this..I'm heavily considering keeping them to myself and a few other users. I would hate to work hard on them, only to have the true bloodline be lost and a crossbred bloodline be spread and therefore then be classed as unauthentic in the future.

You & me are in the same boat.. Like you, I`m currently awaiting approval for my Arctic ChocoPath bears, as well as I`m trying to figure out where I`m going with them when the day comes..
For me, it seems somewhat pointless to create a breed and not let it be part of the game, so to speak, so keeping them to myself is not an option. But with that being said, am I twisting my head as to how to do so, because I`ve realized I can`t just start selling them, and at the same time expect their bloodline to be kept clean.. This means I`ve got to be selective due to the people that gets to hold them.. :wink2:

Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:58 am
Profile WWW
Administrator

I personally think the list should be separated into three groups: generation breeds, fake (copied) subs, and grandfathered-in subs (that weren't bred true).

The way it is currently set up, it looks like they are all fake sub-breeds, when in reality they aren't. The problem is that people call breeds subs that aren't. It doesn't make them become fake sub breeds.

I can take the time to split them up if anyone would like. I wouldn't want to do so and then my work not be appreciated. I do believe that it would be in everyone's best interest if these changes were applied to Gry's original post.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:34 pm
Greenhorn

I agree, Gry. I am the exact same. But, I am still considering selling them to all. I'm just not entirely sure. I guess I will decide once they're properly reviewed.

Hadleyelizabeth; I think having the sub-breed list split like that would be a good idea as it would help users identify what is a real sub, one that has been approved vs one that were not bred true. The only downfall I can see with this is if..Someone takes an approved sub, like.. For example, Lightning Cubs that Evestar created. They're on the MSL and are bred true. What's if someone takes one of these and begins to breed it with others and eventually, the main bloodline is lost..Would that mean that the cub would be moved over to a fake/copied sub, even though it was a gen-breed and was approved? (Sorry Evestar, to use your cubs as an example! First sub that came to mind!)

Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:39 pm
Profile WWW
Farmer

If you could do that Hadley, I'd appreciate it! :D

It is a little disheartening seeing the amount of fakes/gens basically outruling the true subs.

(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ ¸¸.·¨¯`·.¸¸.·
Main Account: www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/2131805
Design Account: www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/887476
My Story: www.wattpad.com/story/18821163-fate-luck-and-destiny

Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:49 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

This is basically an organized version of LoveField's list to make it easier to navigate. I corrected some spelling and grammar issues and fixed broken links.

♥LoveField♥ 's List of Non-Sub Creatures Mistakenly or Purposefully Called Sub-Breeds:
When in reality, they are NOT actual sub-breeds!!!

Generation Breeds:
All Creatures on the Generation Breed List are not sub breeds. Many are mistakenly called sub-breeds due to the fact that they breed true (which is literally the only thing they have in common)

They are NOT and never will become sub-breeds.

FuzCub Generation Breeds:

Crying C cubs - Image
Crown cubs - Colors may vary, but the crown pattern is always present - Image
Sandstorm Cubs - Image
Tear Drop Cubs - Image
Ginger Cubs - Image
Pear/Pearl Cubs - Image
Tiara Cubs - Image
Belt/Belted Cubs - Colors may vary, but they always have a 'belt' pattern. - Image
Heartbroken Cubs - The lineage of this breed has been deleted due to a huge glitch in the system. Therefore, I think it is safe to say that can never be added to the MSL because it's impossible to prove who created them and if they are pure-blooded. - Image
Lefty Cubs -
Starlight cubs -
Pussycat/Pink Cubs -
Finnessel/Con-Cub/Smiley/Blueberry Cubs -
Pecan/Dandelion Cubs -
Grape Cubs -

TurtleTot Generation Breeds:

Mud Tots - Spots and spot colors may vary a bit, but the large, muddy-brown fan shell is it's trademark. - Image
Flash Tots -
X-Tots -
Up Tots -
Glow-Tots -
Army Tots -
Necklace Tots (Generations) - There is a difference between the Sub-breed and the generation breed versions. The creator of Necklace Tots also created several other color varieties, but they weren't submitted to the Sub-Breed Submission and therefore are only considered a generation breed. If a Necklace Tot isn't identical to the one found on the MSL, then it's definitely not the Sub-Breed version. But even if it is identical to the one on the MSL, you still need to search through all the family lines to make sure it is pure-blooded.

BrumbleBear Generation Breeds:

Blueberry Bears - Image

ScuttleBug Generation Breeds:

Volcano Bugs - Body sizes may change, but their colors are all the same. - Image

Beakling Generation Breeds:

Black/Midnight Birds - Image

Generation Breeds Mistaken for Sub-Breeds:
These breeds have similar patterns and occasionally are called sub-breeds under a different name.

FuzCubs:

Vampire Cubs - These were created with the Eyebrow cubs and were never intended to look like Suspender FuzCubs. - Image
Peace Cubs - While they have the same spot pattern as Trinity cubs, they aren't related (but they aren't considered fakes/copies of the real sub) - Image

Fakes/Copies of Genuine Sub-Breeds:
These are creatures that were bred intentionally to trick farmers into believing that they were the real deal, when in reality, the real sub wasn't released to the public (with the exception of a possible trusted friend here and there). The creators of these breeds originally made tons of money selling these fakes off as the real deal.

FuzCub Fakes:

Spotless/No-Spot Cubs - Colors may vary. The real Sub-Breed, Spotless FuzCubs, was never released to the public. - Image
Suspender Cubs - The real sub-breed, Suspender Eyebrow Cubs, was never released to the public. - Image
Trinity Cubs - The real sub-breed was never released to the public. - Image

TurtleTot Fakes:

Heart Tots - The real Sub-breed, Valentine Tots, was never released to the public. - Image
Bikini Tots - The real sub-breed, Midnight Swim Tots, was never released to the public. - Image
Smiley Tots - The real Sub-Breed, Happy Face Tots, was never released to the public. They are actually a cross between Bikini tots and Heart tots. - Image

Beakling Fakes:

Magenta Birds - The real Sub-breed cannot be found in the public. - Image

Crossbred Sub-Breeds Sold on the Market:
These breeds are on the Master List of Sub-Breeds, but they cannot be found anywhere on the market with pure bloodlines.

Crossbred FuzCubs:

Eternity Cubs - The Real Sub-breed was NEVER released to the public. The creator gave one female to a trusted friend, who then bred the female to a non-related-male (crossbreding) and eventually bred the resulting offspring with the female to create identical matches. It is not and never will be possible to obtain a pure-blooded Eternity FuzCub. -Image
Victory Cubs - All Victory Cubs on the market have been crossbred. If anyone finds a real one, please let me know. Until then, it is safe to assume they are all fakes because one individual massively sells them. - Image
Eyebrow Cubs - Most Eyebrow cubs are fake and crossbred. Even if ones on the market were pure-blooded, the real sub-breed varied too much to still be considered a Sub-Breed by today's standards. - Image

Crossbred TurtleTots:

Salamander Tots - All Salamanders are crossbred, and none on the market are authentic anymore - Image

Sub-Breeds That Were Grandfathered In:
While these breeds are in fact on the Master List of Sub-Breeds and were released into the public, they didn't breed true at the time, meaning that they varied too much to be a sub-breed by today's standards. Since the lines are not identical to the image displayed on the MSL, they cannot be and never were pure. Note that this list only mentions grandfathered-in subs that are sold on the market as genuine.

Grandfathered-In FuzCubs:

Strawberry Cubs - Many strawberry cubs breed extra markings or wrong eye colors because it varied too much when it was released into the public. - Image
Oreo Cubs - They look a lot like the genuine Sub-Breed image on the MSL, but they often have an extra spot or too, and sometimes their spots are the wrong color. Therefore, Oreo cubs on the market today are not authentic. - Image
Albino/Snow Cubs - There are many Albino cubs being called Sub-Breeds, but they are not. The Albino FuzCub Sub-breed varied too much in shapes and would not be considered a Sub-breed by today's standards. - Image

Grandfathered-In Beaklings:

Tangerine Birds - These birds never bred true. - Image

------------------------------------------
Note: I left off these.
Crybaby Cubs - Colors may vary. The breed was never released into the public. - Image

I have pure blooded Crybabies (lineage has been checked by SparkleBug a long time ago). They weren't bred to 20 generations when they were created, but I'm in the process of breeding them to 20 generations so they can be considered "real" (they are identical to the image on the MSL). I actually own the cub that is pictured on the MSL (I had a cub and asked about it because the image on the MSL was old age, and SparkleBug looked into it. Long story short, the image is now on the MSL). Therefore, it's certain that they're correct. I do agree, however, that there are definitely fake Crybabies out there, but real ones were released into the public. It just happened a long time ago. So yes, this should be added back to the list with some changes.

Last edited by Gry on Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NB: Main post is updated! :)

Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:12 am