It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:49 am

Forum rules

Real & Fake Breeds on the Current Market! [by ♥LoveField♥] 
Farmer

Post Re: Real & Fake Breeds on the Current Market! [by ♥LoveField
Thank you for editing this to shead some light on the matter.
I'm currently in the process of breeding the Mud Bugs to be authentic. However , one spike is not long enough , but everything is identical besides that one spike. If anyone happens to have true Mud Bugs I would love to take a look at them. (I'll post an ad in the Looking For later, not much time to right now ).

As for not selling your sub-breeds, I cannot blame anyone for keeping them to themselves. I am currently working on three Sub-Hopefuls. My Sailing By Starlight tots and Jewel beaklings will never be released to the public. However, my Pinkerton Bell Birds beaklings will be released to the public. I believe if you actively sell them, much like everstar does, many members will keep them pure because there is not a limited market for them. Many things can factor into why members crossbred their Sub -Breeds, but if you make sure the market is being provided for, as in you are selling you Sub-Breed so that the demand does not overwhelm the supply, then I do not feel there needs to be a worry in crossing. However, I have seen members crossbreed some Velvet Birds while they had a breedable pair and sell the offspring. So, to each their own when it comes to deciding whether or not to sell your Sub-Breed. :)

Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:29 pm
Farmer

I`ve updated the main post! This overview keeps getting better & better :D

I didn`t include the ones that was mentioned as work in progress in the end, as I understood it as they are not entirely done yet..(?)
Please tell me when they`re ready to get their status updated :D

Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:53 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator

Thanks, Gry. I would have done it myself but I didn't know if you wanted me to.

Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:05 pm
Farmer

hadleyelizabeth wrote:
Thanks, Gry. I would have done it myself but I didn't know if you wanted me to.

Feel free to add & modify as you please! The way I see it, did this thread become more like a common thread for the moderators to update than "my" thread when it got pinned. :D

Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
Farmer

After all these years collecting sub breeds almost 80% of mine are fakes...Oh well I know some are real since I actually got from creator and some are mine non sub breed but hopefully soon to be one.

Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:00 am
Farmer

Just for the record: The breeds are not incorporated in the C.B rules in any way. This is more like a game within the game, so to speak. This means you are free to keep as many fakes as you please, etc.
With that being said.. One can not deny that there is an ethical side to this.. But it`s entirely up to you where you end as you put these two factors up against each other. -Some people are all true to what`s real, while others don`t care.
For me personally, is it not that big of a deal whether they are 100% by the book or not, as longh as they look exactly the same. My main concern, is that the credit for the creation is rightfully given, as well as preventing false advertising. Copying a pattern and put it on the market as we see is being done with the Peace cubs that`s being sold as Trinity cubs, are, as I see it morally wrong..
My main reason for this thread, is for people to be able to see witch breed is what, so to speak. What you do with that info, is up to you :)

Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:52 pm
Profile WWW
Farmer

Yes I agreed. A few years back when I started cb all I thought about was collecting sub breed,earning fbs, and working on a sub hope but now its not as big of a deal if its real or fake. I just dont want to feel cheated for something fake though..:/

Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:53 am
Rancher

To mom'sfarm, ♥LoveField♥ and Gry; I am thinking of taking on where you left off. Creating a farm of fake breeds and
generation breeds that are passed off as sub-breeds.

I am doing this because being able to have a visual all on one account, dedicated to your hard work, would be nice.

I don't have very many of the fakes, but would like to take this opportunity to ask everyone who would like to contribute to it please do so.

If you have any known fakes (oldies preferred) Please donate them to my new account.

Thanks everyone, here I go...

I have created an account here http://creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/2221268 Please leave a comment if you have any fakes you would like to donate.
Or let me know if I've missed any or if there are any new ones.

Last edited by ncwriter on Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:46 pm
Farmer

I`m afraid you`re giving me too much credit here, as I`ve never had any fake breeds -farm or anything like that. -I used to hold quiet a few breeds, and I, like practically everybody else, got some sub-breeds that were not what they appeared to be. Basically, they did not have a pure blood-line, -witch I personally don`t consider all that big of a deal, as long as you don`t deliberately miss-lead people, or something like that. Only one of "my" breeds were created & advertised under false pretenses; The Peace fuzz-cubs, witch were claimed to be Trinity cubs..
But there are others who puts more into this than I did. It`s kind of significant for how they prefer to play the game that the creatures they hold have pure blood-lines, and are listed in the directory.
I did not really get involved in the debate & issues regarding the breeds before I became a moderator here at the forum, -quiet simply because I reckon that makes it somewhat my responsibility to provide the stuff that`s relevant for the different kind of players, so to speak.
Mom`s farm was like a pioneer what the breeds is concerned, and as far as I know, has no one really taken up the thread where she left off. It`s somewhat impossible to get her collection today, but I definitely think you starting up something like this would be a great resource and greatly appreciated by lots of players around the C.B world! There`s no informative breeds -farms that are active at this point as far as I know, so if your up for the task, I`d say it`s a sure hit! :D

:idea: Sooo, sub-breed holders; If you have any breeds you know/have found out are NOT the ´real` thing, -send them to ncwriter! -I sure am gonna contribute with those I`ve got. -The more fakes she gets to show, the better info-channel it gets, -and that is the only way to put a stop for all that miss-leading advertising that is going on. :arrow: :arrow:

Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:44 pm
Profile WWW
Rancher

Thanks for the encouragement Gry, If you have any suggestions or if you see me doing something not quite right please let me know, I value your opinion as well as the rest of the Forum staff.

Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:31 pm
Farmer

Thanksiii! -I will :)

As for the facts, is this thread the beat source there is. This topic has actually turned out to be much more than the list itself, so to speak. -For one, do people have this one particular place where they can share their knowledge. This makes it way easier for us to update the info given in the main post, so it`s constantly up to speed according to what`s the case at the time.
The result is that we get the info we need in no time, -without any questions whether it`s still relevant. The worst possible scenario, is that you check the last post for possible newly added updates (lol). :tongue:

Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:52 pm
Profile WWW
Greenhorn

If you need any more pictures, I have collected quite a few generation breeds/impure subreeds in some of my other accounts. If you don't want to post links to an owned creature, you could go back a few generations.
My other accounts:
http://www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/2171981
http://www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view?id=2161402
http://www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/2165167
http://www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/2194784
Some of the farm descriptions are a bit outdated, sorry.

Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:48 pm
Rancher

Thank you so much for contributing to my site *~Plasma~*. It's looking good! http://creaturebreeder.com/farm/view?id=2221268

Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:34 pm
Farmer

Ncwriter: If it's OK with you, I'll add the link to your collection in the main post?..

Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:07 am
Profile WWW
Rancher

That is ok with me Gry! Thanks

Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:14 pm