It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:27 am

Forum rules

Missing Generations in Sub-hopefuls 

Post Missing Generations in Sub-hopefuls
Hi everyone! :)

I'm working on a few breeding projects at the moment, and since I've come back after a long time- I've been in the process of going through my old accounts and deleting them (taking advantage of this new feature hahaha). However, when I was looking at the lineage of my fuzzcubs, I realized I had accidentally deleted a lot of the ancestors of my different breeding projects... making their lineage fragmented. eg:

I haven't checked all their lineages extensively but I'm pretty sure that I've deleted a lot of the ancestors in another one of my projects... therefore, I was wondering whether they would still be eligible to be accepted on the subbreed list?

Also, regarding the cubs from the image above- I've completed 20 gens but because one of the previous gens were deleted, do I need to breed them further to make it 20 gens from the deleted gen or is it okay to just leave it as is?

Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:43 pm

Post Re: Missing Generations in Sub-hopefuls
I remember this happening to a lot of old creatures a while back. I think it was after a big update to the site, but I'm not sure. Some creatures just disappeared.

To be safe I would use a youth potion on Lauraine and Georgie if you can to breed them again for a girl to breed with Geo. That way, hadleyelizabeth or OnlyFuzz can see all your generations. EDIT: Sorry, I thought that Gen 19 and 18 disappeared XD I would continue breeding them until you're at 20 gen again. Maybe they will make an exception though :)

They are very cute!

Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:18 am
Administrator

This has happened to a lot of people, so we will allow the breed to be accepted. However, you must have 20 gens starting at that point since otherwise the line cannot be checked.

I love that breed by the way! I believe I've told you before :)

Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:25 am

Ohh, I see that's great! Thank you so much and thanks haha :D

Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:05 pm
Farmer

If breeds like this are allowed, couldn't someone make a PinniPup subbreed by getting a bred pup(which are descendants of one of the original 50) and removing family history(which is done by deleting account)? Or any sub breed for that matter and simply rip off another person's creation by using a pre-existing subbreed then adding/changing a few things and removing history? Seems like it'd be pretty easy if missing history creatures are going to be accepted.

Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:52 pm

If the beginning of the history already looks like a sub breed then it shouldn't be accepted. (Only really lazy people are going to do that)
but if a person can show taking two pinnipups with the history deleted, making them into a sub breed, showing the changes into getting them identical, then showing the 20 generations, then i think they should be accepted. especially with pinnipups and ponyapans, where the eggs are not as easy to get from the store.

Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:23 pm
Farmer

You could easily remove it so you can't see the history before you had already perfected it. I'm honestly going to have to disagree with you(and the decision to allow such breeds) as sub breeds are meant to be pure blood and allowing it goes against what sub breeds originally were since it basically removes the rule about not being related to other sub breeds which I have quoted below for convenience.

"Your submission must NOT be related to any other existing sub breed or established line in ANY way. When you start making your sub breed it is your responsibility to scour the entire line for any established lines. You must go through to check EVERY creature in their line thoroughly."

Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:37 pm
Farmer

I see where you are coming from iTiger, but something to point out, at least in this case. It is very unlikely( nearly impossible) for this breed to be related to another sub-breed. The place where the heritage is missing is well into the generation breeding. This would mean that the missing side would consist of the same blood line. The heritage you find on the paternal side is the same you will find on the maternal side. This just means that what you see on one side is what would be on the other side, you just lost one parent. Their parents would be the same as the ones on the other side. If this was earlier on in the breeding, where they weren't already identical, then it would be an issue, but here it is not.

Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:49 pm
Farmer

I wasn't referring to this case in any of my posts, sorry is that wasn't clear. I was just weighing in on the general issue here since it was related.

Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:12 pm
Greenhorn

iTiger wrote:
I wasn't referring to this case in any of my posts, sorry is that wasn't clear. I was just weighing in on the general issue here since it was related.

I agree with iTiger. It kind of defeats the purpose of the rule if you can simply delete their line(by deleting your account) and nobody would know that their line had previously existed with sub-breeds in it. Especially because there is no way of checking once they are gone. I don't think that lines like these should get accepted as sub-breeds. **Again, not relating to the current sub-hope**.

Though, your sub-hope does look quite pretty :D .

Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:24 pm
Farmer

I am just clarifying that doing it in this particular case doesn't mean that we would allow it in a situation where that could be an issue. The point it was brought up means it was in reference to this case. We obviously wouldn't allow this in a situation where it would be an issue. I am just having a hard time seeing what the issue is here. I would understand if we said that we were going to be allowing this for anyone, but that wasn't the case, Hadley even said that the line had to continue 20 generations from the point of the issue. I guess what I am saying is that you don't need to worry about people scamming a breed in that is related to another breed, because we wouldn't make the exception. As I said with this particular case, it is clear that they aren't related to another breed, but if we had someone attempt the same thing, but it was questionable, we wouldn't make the exception that we did in this case.

Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:43 pm
Farmer

My apologies, I didn't realise this was the exception. I read Hadley's post and thought she meant it would be allowed for all creatures since she mentioned it happening to a lot of people. I only came here as someone was asking if they could create a PinniPup sub breed if their histories were removed and linked me here. I'm just a little over-passionate when it comes to the integrity of sub-breeds.

Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:06 pm
Farmer

I understand, I just wanted to make sure it was clear that wasn't the intention. I am glad the confusion is cleared up.

Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:18 pm