It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:09 am

Forum rules

ImageBefore posting please read the Forum Rules and the Frequently Asked Questions.

Please also remember to use the Search, before posting any questions!

Ideas on how CreatureBreeder can become profitable 
Farmer

Ideas on how CreatureBreeder can become profitable
Hey farmers! Long time no see! (Most of you probably have no clue who I am! :unsure: )

Well, below are some of my ideas on how Creaturebreeder could become Profitable for Aemon and Choochoo, and maybe can help them get this amazing site back in order! Not that it fell apart or anything :tongue: Though I do not know about you, but I'm sad about about having no updates which means no new creatures... no new features to the wild... and unfortunately... no new toys for our beloved creatures :cry: Though! Every issue has a fix! Even though some may be hard to obtain, but I have high hopes that CreatureBreeder will return with it's once amazing Glory! :mrgreen:

Well I may have gone a little over board above... because I am not sure if my ideas are the answer.. They are just some ideas that I think have a chance of helping the site. I will just list them and give details.

-CB T-Shirts (I have suggested this idea before and I am probably not the only one...)
CreatureBreeder T-Shirts would not only be a great way to advertise the site, but a way for true CB fans to show their love for CB! Even though I may not be too comfortable wearing one myself (in public).. since I am an 18 year old guy :whistle:
-Rare Items, Creatures, or even Special areas of the Wild
By "Rare" I mean that they would have to be purchased... Yes I know, many of you farmers may not agree with this and find it unfair... especially if you don't have the money to purchase these things... but isn't the fate of CreatureBreeder more important? I'd rather be getting weekly or monthly updates than worrying about not having the money to get the rare items that other users are getting.
Examples:
Rare items could include special farm floors, flora, or even specialty items (like fountain of youth, time machine... etc.)
I have suggested rare creatures before so just go check this post (http://forum.creaturebreeder.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=146222)
And my latest idea... Rare areas in the Wild.. Yes purchasable areas of the Wild. Maybe they can be like a special garden of FB plants or the Garden of Youth... Something that has special attributes... Maybe these can even be where Rare creatures lay their precious eggs?? :silly:

Well that is all for now, I will definitely have more ideas to come!! Please comment below what you think of these two ideas. :mrgreen:

Need some extra help? Please visit my website! (http://cbinfo.weebly.com/)

Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:37 pm
Profile WWW
Farmer

Post Re: Ideas on how CreatureBreeder can become profitable
I've got the most faith in the ability to buy special creatures & items. I've suggested something in that area myself; The ability to buy special features to boost ones game, like the games at Facebook. I reckon the whole concept about the ability to buy stuff is quiet likely to become a success.
Players like myself, who first & foremost enjoys the ability to create ones own breeds would buy features to speed up the process, while others will go for special creatures & items. The more areas that's covered with purchasable features & stuff, the better.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:05 pm
Profile WWW

I agree with the idea of special areas in the Wild, but not with special creatures or features.

I had the idea of a membership when I first heard of the issue. People who buy this membership would have access to a, yes only one, area of the Wild. In this area, new rare items could be found, but the current rare items such as Twilight Vines, Cradled Lanterns, Pearls of the Forest, and Veiled Ladies would all retain their current drop rates. Members would also be able to more frequently find "rarer" types of eggs such as PonyaPans and PinniPups, but these eggs should still be able to be found in the current Wild, but with the current rate of appearance which seems to be extremely low.

I am against paying for creature features because I believe it to be against the spirit of the game. If people were able to pay for certain features, it would no doubt speed up the process of creating Sub-Breeds yes, but what is the point of creating a Sub-Breed if you have all the features available to you from the start? In my opinion, and probably others opinion too, Sub-Breeds are the essence of CreatureBreeder. By paying for features, the randomization factor of this site's genetics system and the whole process of creating Sub-Breeds would be undermined. Half of the fun I and many others get from this game comes from buying or finding first generation creatures that have interesting phenotypes and working on a Sub-Breed based on that creature from the ground up. I could go on about this, but I think you have an idea of my opinion for now. But this is just an opinion, if they creators find a way to successfully implement paid features without eroding all the groundwork they made with randomized traits, then I am open to it.

I still think that a new Wild area with higher drop rates for rarer items and creatures is the way to go. This way, people who don't pay still have a chance to find some of the same items and all of the same creatures while still being incentivized to purchase membership for the higher drop rates.

Something else that could work would be to make EVs a paid currency. Growth salves are cool items that people would definitely pay for in order to speed up the breeding process. Other new rare items could be introduced that can only be bought with EVs, such as a potion that changes gender. Another benefit/consequence of doing this would be a new market of an EV:FB ratio. 1 EV could cost around 5000FBs, and people could trade paid currency for in-game currency if they need one or the other.

tl;dr: I am for a new area of the Wild that has increased drop rates for rare creatures and new items, but I am against paying for creature features because I believe it would undermine the randomization factor of creating a Sub-Breed, therefore making it less fun for users and also less realistic in terms of genetics. EVs as a paid currency might also work, but it needs to be fleshed out with more ideas.

Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:56 pm
Farmer

Quote:
I am against paying for creature features because I believe it to be against the spirit of the game. If people were able to pay for certain features, it would no doubt speed up the process of creating Sub-Breeds yes, but what is the point of creating a Sub-Breed if you have all the features available to you from the start? In my opinion, and probably others opinion too, Sub-Breeds are the essence of CreatureBreeder. By paying for features, the randomization factor of this site's genetics system and the whole process of creating Sub-Breeds would be undermined. Half of the fun I and many others get from this game comes from buying or finding first generation creatures that have interesting phenotypes and working on a Sub-Breed based on that creature from the ground up. I could go on about this, but I think you have an idea of my opinion for now. But this is just an opinion, if they creators find a way to successfully implement paid features without eroding all the groundwork they made with randomized traits, then I am open to it.

I think you may misunderstand the whole purchasable features idea. Purchasing a feature would not aid anyone in making a Sub-breed faster... Purchasing a Trait would just allow the buyer to purchase eggs from the store and have the chance of receiving a creature with the trait which was unlocked.. For example, let's say I purchased the winged Fuzcub trait and then went to the store and bought eggs, let's say I got 5 fuzcub eggs, and only two of them hatch with the winged trait.. And that winged trait can either be dominant or recessive... just depends on my luck and the Fuzcub's genetics. OR When you buy the trait it will automatically give you an egg, but the dominance of that trait depends on genetics and luck like the rest of the creatures.. So if this is how it would work than let's say I purchased the Spiked Turtletot Trait and then I find a Turtletot egg in my last farm, once it hatches it can be either be a Male with the spiked trait or a female who possesses the trait and can pass it on through breeding.. Do you understand it now? I hope I didn't confuse you further.. :ermm:

Need some extra help? Please visit my website! (http://cbinfo.weebly.com/)

Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
Farmer

I actually have a CreatureBreeder.com t-shirt, and, coincidentally, am wearing it right now. CreatureBreeder.com was selling them in 2009. It's one of my favorite shirts.

Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:29 pm
Administrator

Fran1945 wrote:
I actually have a CreatureBreeder.com t-shirt, and, coincidentally, am wearing it right now. CreatureBreeder.com was selling them in 2009. It's one of my favorite shirts.

I would totally be for buying a T-shirt. I wasn't on the site in 2009 so it seems I missed out, but if it was done in the past it seems possible for it to be done in the future.

Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:14 am
Farmer

At least I know for sure I'm too freaking full of myself to pass by an opportunity to buy a tee with my own breed(s)!.. :lol:

Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:10 am
Profile WWW

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=147422 <-- They are thinking on doing a membership.

MAIN ACCOUNT: http://www.creaturebreeder.com/farm/view/2167033

Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:27 pm
Greenhorn

Since ponyapan and pinipup eggs are no longer available, I think it'd be a good idea to bring them back at a price. Like I'd totally be willing to pay up to 0.75 cents per egg. (Im a ponya fan). In the same general idea, you can buy random eggs forFBs, but the ones who are willing to pay could specifically choose the breed they want?

Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:37 am
Farmer

Good idea, BlueGoldenWings. I would certainly pay for these!

Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:45 am

I think it'd be really useful for there to be a way to see what a creature would look like before using a youth potion. Since the colors can change with old age, deciding which ones you want to be breedable again is a bit frustrating. Maybe an item like a magical mirror that can change creatures' appearance' (but not actual age) to youth for five minutes or an hour or something? Or an option on the details page? This would probably work best as a thing you could buy with real-money-currency, since it's most useful to someone who just got back into the game and found all their creatures unbreedable, not to someone consistently playing the game who would be likely to get a membership.

Running with that idea of having stuff for born-again players to buy, maybe there could be a mode or temporary membership that you could buy which would discount the cost of buying youth potions, and give you the mirror or something similar. Or have another item to fill that expensive, young-creature need. I read somewhere someone suggesting a youth fountain or something, which could work for this. Instead of granting a creature eternal youth, grant a limited number of creatures temporary youth, maybe with a cool down or an allotted daily/weekly amount, or even giving it something like 10 charges before it is used up.

None of those ideas are really necessary to play the game, but I think people would be willing to pay for the convenience.

Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:49 pm

I am absolutely fine with the idea of a membership for certain privileges. That said, I will toss in my own suggestions for changes into the mix :D

1. A privilege that could be part of membership might be to buy the type of eggs you want (maybe FairyFrogs) instead of completely random. Just random FF.
2. Perhaps being able to buy the rare items you can find in the wild would also be great. Maybe continue to let them glow even on your farm?
3. Maybe a search function that will enable you to search in current farms only would be nice. I sometimes spend alot of time looking for someone who might sell a certain type of creature who is also still current.
4. How about buying potions? a. One that can keep your creature productive for a month? b. One that can make it keep its colors when it gets old? It's hard to watch them gray/green out. c. one that makes a creature glow a color (like gold) for 20 days? d. a potion that lets them be 50% larger for 20 days? e. a potion that gives a creature a red hat and white beard for a month around Christmas? or a witch's hat at Halloween?
5. Maybe let two creatures get married? Even on different farms?
6. How about with membership you can look back on 10 generations in a tree instead of just three?
7. how about with membership you can choose to have some type of music played when someone visits your farms?
8. Is there anyway to have some kind of weather on the farms? or nighttime? Is that a coding nightmare? :)
9. Maybe if you purchase membership, you can choose to be a breeder or a seller? Perhaps certain things come with each.
10. Maybe we can buy hats for the girls to go in the place of the bows. If the female creature has a bow.

None of these suggestions would change the chances for someone who was a member or wasn't a member to develop a subbreed. I am so glad Creature Breeder is here for us. Thank you!!!

Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:14 pm
Farmer

I think the site should be sold to an owner who has time for it, I mean almost 2 years with no updates or anything at all? I understand that we don't pay to play it and that is extremely kind of them, but I would rather have a site that sells things in a balanced way then a "dead" site.

Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:20 am
Honorary Member

I have been away for years and I was surprised that the game is still running. Although I see that there are not many new posts anymore on the forums.

Why don't they try to make a Facebook game of it? Or has this been discussed before already? :)

Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:46 am
Profile WWW

How about auto decals and/or vinyl stickers. I would most definitely put a decal on my vehicle showing CB support! A facebook page if there isn't already one. Apparel right now may be a bit pricey for Aemon and Choochoo. However, I think pins would be awesome as well! People can stick it on their bags/hats/lanyards or whatever else. I LOVE pins and I'm sure a lot of others would too! Also, perhaps little bows for girls to wear in their hair? I think it'd be cute to see a female wearing one. Besides...decals, pins, bows...anything with a super cute little creature on it would definitely spark a conversation and get people wondering what it is and what creature breeder is as well. Then later down the road, how about updates, more creatures, items and a mobile app? Kinda like how Farmville has their own little app...I would totally pay $5 for the creature breeder app! Possibly a members only thing as well? Like open up more features exclusively for members only? Just ideas bein thrown out there. I've been a member for over 8 years. Been watching CB grow and would really like to continue watching it grow.
Opinions...ideas?

Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:30 pm